[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Aug 8, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #196 of 208
K2 meets applebuds... 5x better? Not sure how to quantify that - but... apple's bass is the worst - it just can't compete (I already pushed the buds to my ears to get the best sound) and there's so much to be done. Treble is so so. But yeah, apple sounds mid forward. But again not in the K2's league.

edit: and it's L is R and R is L when plugged on my phone :D

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #197 of 208
The bass roll-off on the apple earbuds is terrible, but the rest of the FR is very flat and pretty good quality, and when you think about it they are the most popular earphones in the world! People treasure them.  I think the J-phonic is a good upgrade for anyone that treasures their apple earbuds and doesn't want to change the sound signature, just improve the bass a ton and lift everything else up several notches.

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #200 of 208
Using the 75ohm impedance adapter, the mids takes a step back giving more emphasis on the lows and highs. I think I should sell this cable now, not much of use for me :D

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #201 of 208

Quote:
[...]
Also, the j-phonics, just like the 2X-s and 3MAX, is catered to the pros. I don't really expect Headfi to 'get it'. I've seen some videos of artists using the j-phonics and they like them. As an audiophile, I love them, but then again, I came to the audiophile world from ad-hoc studio/recording work.

An insightful chap, that shigzeo.

Who's next in line? http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/567066/fs-sensaphonics-j-phonic-k2-sp

Aug 14, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #202 of 208
Aye aye captain! Surprised to see me?

beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #206 of 208
Reviving this thread because I'm curious to know, who still has their K2 SP/MX, and what changes (if any) have you endured since your first impression(s)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back