[Review] Sensaphonics j-phonics - the BEST professional universal stage ear monitor yet
Jul 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #122 of 208
j-phonic K2 SP is the best universal IEM I have owned so far.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #124 of 208
I hope this will be my fun IEMs :) I wouldn't mind if the mids will fall between the MDR-7550 and the Baby Stax \m/ [The customs can wait :p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the W4 will probably appeal to audiophiles more and the j-phonics to the musicians/exercise crowd more. The j-phonics' fit is unparalleled and its customisation quite legendary. It isn't as thick in the mids as the UM3x or the W4, unless you listen to the MX, which has a smoothed out top end, so the midrange seems more forward.

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #125 of 208
The j-phonic K2 SP isn't fun, at all. Only at high volumes. Less fun than the SM3 (funniest) and W4, but it has a better presentation, as a stax Headphone. Better for stage, with better transparency than the SM3, but less bass impact and texture, with great low level resolution.

Quote:
I hope this will be my fun IEMs :) I wouldn't mind if the mids will fall between the MDR-7550 and the Baby Stax \m/ [The customs can wait :p]

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #126 of 208
The j-phonic SP is the only IEM I own. I bought them for stage use (I play guitar) and general listening. I wanted something flat, that would sound essentially the same as my nearfield studio monitors. Matching guitar tones in my home studio with what I hear live via my IEM's was very important.

The j-phonics are very neutral, and I've achieved everything I had hope to with them. They are also extremely comfortable to wear and listen to, for extended periods.

Terry.

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #127 of 208
J-Phonic K2 SP/MX head-fi club.

-Shigzeo
-Yooss
-ClieOS
-TMMC
-Tone Seeker
-dogears
-Kiteki

any more?

@ Tone Seeker, thanks for your impressions, I plan on using these with an electric guitar a little bit too, out of a Toneport UX1 amp, looking forward to the result.

@ TMMC, Ok, I guess I'll have to use these at high volumes then. :wink:

@ Shigzeo, Nice to know these will be great for jogging then.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #128 of 208
It seems like there is a lot of information on head-fi about the Sensaphonics 2-XS, which Shigzeo says sounds quite similiar to the J-phonic and use the same internals (he likes the J-phonic better, though).

To get a better perspective on the J-phonic, I suppose it's useful to search for the 2-XS..?
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/65899/review-sensaphonics-prophonic-2x-s-comparison-w-er-4-and-e5c
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/74589/review-ultimate-ears-ue-10-pro-sensaphonics-prophonic-2x-soft

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:10 AM Post #131 of 208
From shigzeo's post:

The MX version has a filter at the base of the sound tube that curtails the highs a bit and brings out the lows and mids a bit more.

I'm really hoping this is the one for me :D Japan -> USA -> Philippines in ? days...

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #132 of 208

[size=medium]
The K2 SP is the last upgrade you can do in the universal iem world. Best construction and sound.

I've had the Westone 4j-phonic K2 SP  (apple red) and the ES SM3 for review (videos in portuguese). The K2 SP performed best and the SM3 was the funniest. W4 has a different presentation, I didn't like them so much as the others.
[/size]

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #133 of 208

Quote:

[size=medium]
The K2 SP is the last upgrade you can do in the universal iem world. Best construction and sound.
[/size]

Agreed, or at least I think it is breaching the gap between universal and (some of the best) custom IEM.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #135 of 208
hey guys, how is the treble of both the SP and MX version compared to the SM3? i love the SM3 for rendering my music, but sometimes i hope to get more treble presence for a more lively performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back