Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 2, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4,247 of 7,140
I only wish I got paid. Still paying PayPal credit. Just stating the facts as my ears hear them. AK sound isn't on the same level in my opinion.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,249 of 7,140
I saw people stating that the zx2 is better or on the same level as qp1r.. I can grab a new one for 460 dollars much cheaper then qp1r so I was wondering...

If you have the opportunity to try both then let your ears be the judge.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4,250 of 7,140
I saw people stating that the zx2 is better or on the same level as qp1r.. I can grab a new one for 460 dollars much cheaper then qp1r so I was wondering...

ZX2 using a TRRS cable is stunning. I want to try the QP1R too.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #4,251 of 7,140

Probably the wrong thread to find people that agree. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #4,252 of 7,140

What bells and whistles does the Sony have?  Maybe go by that.  But, I think, most of us are here because we love our QPs.  Why not pop over to the forum for that player?

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #4,253 of 7,140

They have different signatures. ZX2 is warmer and smoother whereas QP1R is detailed and expansive. They complement each other sound-wise. A bonus tho is QP1R has more power to drive cans if you have any. ZX2 in my experience plays nicer with IEMs.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #4,254 of 7,140

They have different signatures. ZX2 is warmer and smoother whereas QP1R is detailed and expansive. They complement each other sound-wise. A bonus tho is QP1R has more power to drive cans if you have any. ZX2 in my experience plays nicer with IEMs.

QP1R  pairs beautifully with my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs on mid gain.  I like having the IEM/headphones choice in a single DAP. The Questyle seems to work really well with my Shure SE846s in low gain.  I don't seem to have any hiss problems. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #4,256 of 7,140
  I've been booster of Questyle and the QP1R on these forums for a year. Now after reading posts about charging issues some have with their QP1R I'm in similar situation. My QP1R shuts down randomly. Not a few times but many times and I have no clue what the actual charge is anymore. Often after random shutdown, the only way to get QP1R starting again is to plug it in and charge it for ten minutes or so. When it boots the first thing I note is that the charge indicator always shows 100%. The fact that I can at least get malfunctioning QP1R to boot means I haven't got a brick quite yet, but it's unreliable enough to drive you nuts. emailed Bruce @ Questyle US and eventually got a reply from Ian who says he's helping out with QP1R owner issues. He says Questyle is working on charging problem and firmware update will be in future. When that would be is anyone's guess as it all seems most vague even to Questyle. Sent second email stating as much as I love QP1R sound quality, need reliable DAP and want to return mine for exchange/refund. Since that email it's been s-i-l-e-n-c-e from Questyle. Must be many others in similar situation. Hope Questyle are brainstorming a firmware fix, and will actively update us because silence is not always golden :frowning2:

We saw the email but have to discuss a few things with Bruce about your situation, sorry for the radio silence so far.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 2, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #4,258 of 7,140
I've been booster of Questyle and the QP1R on these forums for a year. Now after reading posts about charging issues some have with their QP1R I'm in similar situation. My QP1R shuts down randomly. Not a few times but many times and I have no clue what the actual charge is anymore. Often after random shutdown, the only way to get QP1R starting again is to plug it in and charge it for ten minutes or so. When it boots the first thing I note is that the charge indicator always shows 100%. The fact that I can at least get malfunctioning QP1R to boot means I haven't got a brick quite yet, but it's unreliable enough to drive you nuts. emailed Bruce @ Questyle US and eventually got a reply from someone other than Bruce (I hope you are OK Bruce) who says he's helping out with QP1R owner issues. He says Questyle is working on charging problem and a firmware update should be in future. When that would be is anyone's guess as it's all rather vague. Sent reply email stating as much as I love QP1R sound quality, need reliable DAP and want to return mine for exchange/refund. I would buy another when the problems are finally resolved as I love the QP1R sound quality. Since the reply email it's been s-i-l-e-n-c-e from Questyle. Must be others in similar situation as Questyle has surely sold alot of QP1R's? Hope Questyle are brainstorming a firmware fix and please Questyle update us because silence is not always golden :frowning2:

What version of software do you have? My player has worked flawlessly so far.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #4,259 of 7,140
I just wonder if battery percentage is equal to 8 to 9 hours of play. I understand it is a problem just wondering if you don't get the full 8 to 9 hrs of play?

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #4,260 of 7,140
I have the newest firmware but my unit started doing this early on in its life ... getting worse and worse inaccurate... right now it stays in the upper 90's for hours and will be dead at around 87 or so ... still lasts for about 9 hours ... upon first plugging it in to recharge the indicator can have any value ... so I just leave it charging for more than 6 hours or over night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back