Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 3, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #4,276 of 7,140
Review the thread and you will find the answer you seek.  :beerchug:  

The wheel is still slippery, but works flawlessly. I just lick my finger and rub it on my jeans to give a tacky feel to my finger and it works perfectly. At least until the next lick. Antibacterial wipes may work:D

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #4,278 of 7,140
Just asking ... I'm thinking about buying the newer version of the QP1R ... this time in silver and using my older gold version in my car ...

Is this worth doing or should I just wait a bit longer for a completely new model or something from another company? ... no rush to do anything ... I was just curious with summer coming ...

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #4,279 of 7,140

Do you not get 8 to 9 hours of play?

Yes I still get 8 to 9 hours play time.Only the percentage indicator is the problem

Then, may I submit that you really have no problem?  It plays for 8 to 9 hours.  The screen is off most of the time.  Does the indicator effect the sound quality?
I'm so tired of this indicator obsession, I'm unsubbing.  If a major FW announcement comes up, I hope it will be on the other thread.
For myself, "out of sight is out of mind."

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #4,280 of 7,140

Review the thread and you will find the answer you seek. 
beerchug.gif

The wheel is still slippery, but works flawlessly. I just lick my finger and rub it on my jeans to give a tacky feel to my finger and it works perfectly. At least until the next lick. Antibacterial wipes may work:D

Guess they installed the new timex wheel.  Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.  I'm glad you like it, Quadfather.

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #4,281 of 7,140
Then, may I submit that you really have no problem?  It plays for 8 to 9 hours.  The screen is off most of the time.  Does the indicator effect the sound quality?
I'm so tired of this indicator obsession, I'm unsubbing.  If a major FW announcement comes up, I hope it will be on the other thread.
For myself, "out of sight is out of mind."

It would be much worse, if play time would be affected.
Sure, all owners of the QP1R love the sq.
But: I thought I could get along with the inaccuracy. And I am. Will keep this DAP. Nevertheless, I don't know when to charge! tried to count the hours, but couldn't get it easily. Should I charge at 89 percent? 86? It's just not convenient.
A solution on this one would do justice for the QP1R, as one of the best DAPs

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #4,282 of 7,140
Guess they installed the new timex wheel.  Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.  I'm glad you like it, Quadfather.

UELong, I am loving this player. I really appreciate the laugh. Nothing better than a great sense of humor.

Russ

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4,283 of 7,140
  Still having battery issues like everyone else.  It shuts down and still reads 100% after plugging it back in.  I really don't understand why Questyle never replied to any of the three emails I sent one to the usa address, gmail account and the info account.  Another thing I don't understand is how useless the EQ is.  I don't generally need it but on some older recordings you need some bass boost.  Why can't they give you just a simple bass and treble boost.  I spent too much time fiddling around with it and stopped.  Perhaps the most annoying feature(bug?) is the playlist numbering.  I imported my playlists into Linux and converted them with vi.  They were from my ibasso device.   After importing them the QPR1 renamed all 100 or so playlists to playlist1, playlist2 and so on and so forth - completely renaming them so I can't find any specific music unless I browse each playlist to see the content.  I think whichever programmer was in charge of that feature should be fired
deadhorse.gif
So now I have playlists but I will have to open all 148 everytime in order to find the one I want to play.  What a waste of time converting all those playlist!

Hey I just looked back at my emails and just found your emails, I thought I responded to them on the info email but I seemed to have missed it the first time around. Time wise it feel around when we were at NAMM and when the China office was on holiday for Chinese New Year so it seems like it was a bit lost in the confusion and time. It has been a bit of struggle sifting through all the various email accounts received and things have unfortunately been falling through some crack. Some features are without a doubt a bit rough around the edges and could use some tuning up.

I think the reason why these forums have been complaining endlessly is the lack of information from Questyle.  It is true what they say, at some point when you run a company the technical/geek guys should find good managers to handle PR etc.  They are giving me the impression that they have their earphones stuck to their ears with their eyes on a debugging screen whilst our emails get caught by a rule and sent to the junk folder. 

They are somehow very active on twitter and facebook so why can't they gather their thoughts and put out a statement addressing and assuring customers?  That could go a long way into keeping us as customers.  The last thing you need as a company is "great product ...****ty support" slogan slapped on you.  Just as they surprised the market and came up with a player to impress us, another company may be working on a similar project and what if they are already listening to these forums and then address all these issues during their release of a product in the same price range?  That'll be the death of the QP1R from there.  I can't understand why they are sleeping through all these complaints.

And they are represented at all the shows and exhibitions ...
confused_face(1).gif

Being a rather global company the different branches and arms to Questyle. The Head Fi side is usually just the USA side and I try to help out where I can but I do have to wait until I get updates from the main office and it does take some time to trickle out.

The indicator issues really are annoying. If they can't get it solved, best would be to implement play time indicator (in the settings something like "show battery percentage" or "show player on time since last charging"), as it seems everyone has still the correct play time of 8-9 hours. After 7 hours I would put it to charge and everything would be fine.

@netforce: I would love to hear from Questyle on what is the current stand regarding the battery thing? Is there something in the pipeline for near future firmware? Is it hard to solve the problem and Questyle is still in search for an solution? Maybe it's not possible to fix and there won't be an solution? Are there informations Questyle can share about this at this time already?

From what I have been told about the battery indicator is that we are still in development with a fix in a future firmware update but its a bit vague when it is coming. The issue is a tad complex and unfortunately I don't have any newer updates so far.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 3, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #4,284 of 7,140
From what I have been told about the battery indicator is that we are still in development with a fix in a future firmware update but its a bit vague when it is coming. The issue is a tad complex and unfortunately I don't have any newer updates so far.
[/quote]
I very much appreciate your answer.
It's much better than not knowing anything. Good to know Questyle is aware

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #4,285 of 7,140
It would be much worse, if play time would be affected.
Sure, all owners of the QP1R love the sq.
But: I thought I could get along with the inaccuracy. And I am. Will keep this DAP. Nevertheless, I don't know when to charge! tried to count the hours, but couldn't get it easily. Should I charge at 89 percent? 86? It's just not convenient.
A solution on this one would do justice for the QP1R, as one of the best DAPs

I charge for sure at 90%, but sometimes higher depending on how long I've been using it.  If you consider 90% to be 40%, then it's no big deal.  Just keep in mind that the drop in charge from 40% to 0% can be quite fast.  It's not a linear function.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4,286 of 7,140
Just asking ... I'm thinking about buying the newer version of the QP1R ... this time in silver and using my older gold version in my car ...

Is this worth doing or should I just wait a bit longer for a completely new model or something from another company? ... no rush to do anything ... I was just curious with summer coming ...

Don't waste money like that!

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #4,287 of 7,140
I guess I am lucky, because my battery indicator has been perfectly linear so far. I am on 32% right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back