Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 2, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #4,261 of 7,140
What version of software do you have? My player has worked flawlessly so far.

The current firmware version still has this problem.My QP1R always has this problem, but I just ignore it and just ask myself to charge the QP1R every 2 days.

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #4,262 of 7,140
The current firmware version still has this problem.My QP1R always has this problem, but I just ignore it and just ask myself to charge the QP1R every 2 days.
Do you not get 8 to 9 hours of play?

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #4,263 of 7,140
Still having battery issues like everyone else.  It shuts down and still reads 100% after plugging it back in.  I really don't understand why Questyle never replied to any of the three emails I sent one to the usa address, gmail account and the info account.  Another thing I don't understand is how useless the EQ is.  I don't generally need it but on some older recordings you need some bass boost.  Why can't they give you just a simple bass and treble boost.  I spent too much time fiddling around with it and stopped.  Perhaps the most annoying feature(bug?) is the playlist numbering.  I imported my playlists into Linux and converted them with vi.  They were from my ibasso device.   After importing them the QPR1 renamed all 100 or so playlists to playlist1, playlist2 and so on and so forth - completely renaming them so I can't find any specific music unless I browse each playlist to see the content.  I think whichever programmer was in charge of that feature should be fired
deadhorse.gif
So now I have playlists but I will have to open all 148 everytime in order to find the one I want to play.  What a waste of time converting all those playlist!

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #4,264 of 7,140
  Still having battery issues like everyone else.  It shuts down and still reads 100% after plugging it back in.  I really don't understand why Questyle never replied to any of the three emails I sent one to the usa address, gmail account and the info account.  Another thing I don't understand is how useless the EQ is.  I don't generally need it but on some older recordings you need some bass boost.  Why can't they give you just a simple bass and treble boost.  I spent too much time fiddling around with it and stopped.  Perhaps the most annoying feature(bug?) is the playlist numbering.  I imported my playlists into Linux and converted them with vi.  They were from my ibasso device.   After importing them the QPR1 renamed all 100 or so playlists to playlist1, playlist2 and so on and so forth - completely renaming them so I can't find any specific music unless I browse each playlist to see the content.  I think whichever programmer was in charge of that feature should be fired
deadhorse.gif
So now I have playlists but I will have to open all 148 everytime in order to find the one I want to play.  What a waste of time converting all those playlist!

Well, I had this problem once, reads 60% and it was actually on 1%. After shutdown + plug to recharge it shows that it starts to charge from 0% and problem solved for me. No more misleading happened after.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #4,265 of 7,140
The indicator issues really are annoying. If they can't get it solved, best would be to implement play time indicator (in the settings something like "show battery percentage" or "show player on time since last charging"), as it seems everyone has still the correct play time of 8-9 hours. After 7 hours I would put it to charge and everything would be fine.

@netforce: I would love to hear from Questyle on what is the current stand regarding the battery thing? Is there something in the pipeline for near future firmware? Is it hard to solve the problem and Questyle is still in search for an solution? Maybe it's not possible to fix and there won't be an solution? Are there informations Questyle can share about this at this time already?

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #4,266 of 7,140
Would like to use my QP1R direct with my Empire IEM and QP1R + Chord Hugo2 with HEKv2. The problem is that Hugo2 needs USB input to sound best according to Rob at Chord and still need to use the QP1R as my music server for the Hugo2. Is Toslink optical the only possibility or is there any way to get USB out from the QP1R? Otherwise will need a new portable server other than a computer to travel with to get USB out to HUGO.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #4,267 of 7,140
Do you not get 8 to 9 hours of play?

Yes I still get 8 to 9 hours play time.Only the percentage indicator is the problem

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #4,268 of 7,140
I think the reason why these forums have been complaining endlessly is the lack of information from Questyle.  It is true what they say, at some point when you run a company the technical/geek guys should find good managers to handle PR etc.  They are giving me the impression that they have their earphones stuck to their ears with their eyes on a debugging screen whilst our emails get caught by a rule and sent to the junk folder. 

They are somehow very active on twitter and facebook so why can't they gather their thoughts and put out a statement addressing and assuring customers?  That could go a long way into keeping us as customers.  The last thing you need as a company is "great product ...****ty support" slogan slapped on you.  Just as they surprised the market and came up with a player to impress us, another company may be working on a similar project and what if they are already listening to these forums and then address all these issues during their release of a product in the same price range?  That'll be the death of the QP1R from there.  I can't understand why they are sleeping through all these complaints.

And they are represented at all the shows and exhibitions ...
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #4,272 of 7,140
Yes, early. I got the $1,000 version with the improved click wheel and circuitry. I have had for about 3 weeks.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #4,275 of 7,140
The Questyle QP1R USB 3 foot cord wasn't charging the player beyond 96%, but the shorter high-speed sync cord had it to 97% plus, no problem. Now 98% ...99%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back