Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #4,306 of 7,140
If you know my posts, then you know this question isn't silly.  Can the case fit in a pocket?  I would like something to store my Angies in besides my pocket.

No way it would fit in a pocket, but it is great for storage and travel.

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,307 of 7,140
I'm currently using the Peli 1060 at home, however with no foam at the moment even though I have it.
Stored inside are Sony NW-ZX2, Mojo with accessory attachment on it, SW24 cable with Noble Encore U's. SW24 converter cable.
Small Mojo charge/USB cable, Lavricable.
A great storage and protection case with room to spare above all items as not to trap anything when the lid is down.
AS above it cannot be carried in a pocket but in a bag yes. I will be taking it with me if I go out of the house with my gear.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #4,308 of 7,140
I may get a second Pelican case in a little bit bigger size to carry my QP1R, JH Angie II, USB wall charger, Portable battery charger, and USB cable. I always travel with the wall charger and Anker portable charger every time I travel with the QP1R and Angie. My Anker portable charger is larger in size than the QP1R, which is why the Pelican 1120 is not big enough. The bigger case would be for out of town travel while the smaller case would be for taking it to work.

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #4,310 of 7,140
Any QP1R / Vega users on here? If so, what gain setting do you use with the Vega? I'm actually enjoying the QP1R more with the Lyra II on low gain than the Vega, whereas the Vega usually outshine the LyraII on my other gear (as you'd expect). Not needing to go above 40 on the low gain setting with the Vega so it's plenty loud enough, but is it worth bumping up the gain to see if that makes a difference? The high voltage output of the Hifiman Supermini in balanced mode really makes them sing in comparison.

Anyone else with more technical know-how care to comment?

Edit: numerous autocorrect errors edited out!

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #4,311 of 7,140
Any QP1R / Vega users on here? If so, what gain setting do you use with the Vega? I'm actually enjoying the QP1R more with the Lyra II on low gain than the Vega, whereas the Vega usually outshine the LyraII on my other gear (as you'd expect). Not needing to go above 40 on the low gain setting with the Vega so it's plenty loud enough, but is it worth bumping up the gain to see if that makes a difference? The high voltage output of the Hifiman Supermini in balanced mode really makes them sing in comparison.

Anyone else with more technical know-how care to comment?

Edit: numerous autocorrect errors edited out!

During the around month that I had the Vega on loan, I used High gain with the QP1R.

I rarely use other gains with anything that I listen to nowadays.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4,312 of 7,140
So far, I really like the 1.08 latest firmware update.  I like the way that the albums populate under the artist.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #4,313 of 7,140
I am loving Pink Floyd, Billy Idol, Approaching Dawn, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Hellyeah, and Rush on this DAP!

Mar 6, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #4,314 of 7,140
We are similar. We use the same volume and do not stream. All my music is on four hard drives and one device (QP1R).

A big thumbs up. I imbed jpeg album art in all my files as well.

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #4,317 of 7,140
Hi, I have a question. Do the songs have to be stored on the internal storage for the artist names to show up? If they're stored in the TF card, will the QP1R still be able to sort the tracks by Artist, Album, etc?

Also, this may be quite stupid but, how come none of the songs I loaded onto the Internal Storage or TF Cards 1 and 2 are reflected in the Play By Category options? The only tracks that appear under "Songs", "Album", "Artist" and "Genre" are the three pre-loaded tracks on the QP1R.
confused_face.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #4,318 of 7,140
Hi, I have a question. Do the songs have to be stored on the internal storage for the artist names to show up? If they're stored in the TF card, will the QP1R still be able to sort the tracks by Artist, Album, etc?

Also, this may be quite stupid but, how come none of the songs I loaded onto the Internal Storage or TF Cards 1 and 2 are reflected in the Play By Category options? The only tracks that appear under "Songs", "Album", "Artist" and "Genre" are the three pre-loaded tracks on the QP1R. :confused_face:  

Did you update the library via Settings?

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #4,319 of 7,140
I am happy with my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs, but wish to explore other headphones that pair well with the Questyle QP1R. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back