Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 7, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #4,336 of 7,140
Well, I have the Golden Gate and Big Sur interconnects. They fit my QP1R. They are really well made but slightly stiff. I think they sound better than cheapies. But that's all very subjective. You can find reviews online. I got both pairs used on EBay for less than retail.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #4,337 of 7,140
Has anyone experienced VEGA with QP1R?I use the Andromeda Qp1r and really love them.This Experience may be repeated( VEGA + QP1R )

Thanks

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #4,338 of 7,140
Has anyone experienced VEGA with QP1R?I use the Andromeda Qp1r and really love them.This Experience may be repeated( VEGA + QP1R )

Thanks

Yes - I had the Vega on loan for about a month. I prefer the sound of my Andromeda more than the Vega.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #4,339 of 7,140
Why did not like it ?In your opinion, can not be together (vega Qp1r)
OrAndromeda's got the most like .

Thanks

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #4,340 of 7,140
Why did not like it ?In your opinion, can not be together (vega Qp1r)
OrAndromeda's got the most like .

Thanks

The Vega is a good IEM. It's just that the Andromeda to my ears is one of my favorite sounding IEMs I've listened to and in my opinion tough to beat with regards to overall sound quality and overall enjoyment.

The Vega and QP1R sound pretty good - you may absolutely adore the pairing compared to the Andromeda and QP1R.

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #4,341 of 7,140

Thanks

The Vega is a good IEM. It's just that the Andromeda to my ears is one of my favorite sounding IEMs I've listened to and in my opinion tough to beat with regards to overall sound quality and overall enjoyment.

The Vega and QP1R sound pretty good - you may absolutely adore the pairing compared to the Andromeda and QP1R.

I'm running the Vega and QP1R at the moment. The Vega are my favourite sounding IEM (just beating out the Angie) but the synergy isn't great for me with this pair. High gain brings the Vegas to life, but they sound slightly more enjoyable for me on other gear. No glaring issues, and they still sound pretty impressive, just a little more impressive on other stuff.

On the flipside, everything elseI've tried with the QP1R sounds noticeably (if not massively - we are into diminishing return territory here) better. The LZ-A4 scale unbelievably well with the Questyle, for instance, which is a little unexpected for a £150 iem. As always, ymmv / the usual disclaimers apply. Just my take on things!

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #4,343 of 7,140

Whats your opinion on the Andromeda vs the SE846 with SCS?

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #4,344 of 7,140
Whats your opinion on the Andromeda vs the SE846 with SCS?

The Andromeda is very good with areas such as soundstage and overall sound quality, mostly in the upper mids and treble. Most love the sound, but I have found some that likes other earphones more. Fit for me is not very good unless I specifically use the large size Penon Audio tips (3-size-3-pack is available on the Penon Audio site). I have Snugs made for me exclusively for the Andromeda, but they are only tips (not the best overall fit as a result) and I am still trying to get Snugs to create me full shell sleeves so the fit of the Andromeda can be as optimal as possible.

The SE846 + Silver Litz + Brown Knowles Dampers + SCS is an amazing sounding and fitting IEM for me giving me a custom silicone feel, but does not have the inherent soundstage presence or overall clarity of the Andromeda.

Both are lovely IEMs, but if you must choose one, I would choose the Andromeda if you want an immensely clear and expansive-sounding IEM and can find a way to obtain a correct seal, and I would choose the SE846 if you want a smooth and warm-sounding IEM that can be customized to your liking via custom sleeves and filters/Knowles Dampers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #4,345 of 7,140

I actually fit in the camp of Vega and QP1R. The Vega themselves are wonderful and everything I could ever want in an IEM. Honestly, taking either one would set you in an automatic win spot.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #4,346 of 7,140
I am still loving my Shure se846 qp1r combination

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #4,348 of 7,140
anyone tried the Westone w80's with the QP1R?

It's one of the most detailed-sounding octa-driver IEMs I've listened to. More of a neutral-reference sound than say a V-shaped or punchy sound.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #4,349 of 7,140
It's one of the most detailed-sounding octa-driver IEMs I've listened to. More of a neutral-reference sound than say a V-shaped or punchy sound.

Thanks Moedawg. Would you say its musically engaging as well as detailed. I'm not looking for sterile ref sound. I would prefer a more organic sound but still with detail if that make sense.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #4,350 of 7,140
Thanks Moedawg. Would you say its musically engaging as well as detailed. I'm not looking for sterile ref sound. I would prefer a more organic sound but still with detail if that make sense.

Happy to help! I wouldn't say the W80 is the most musically engaging or organic-sounding earphone on the market, but is great if you want to hear the music in a highly detailed, neutral-reference-like manner.

What do you value the most in an earphone? Do you have issues with fit? Do you want more of a bass emphasis, midrange emphasis, treble emphasis, or all in one? Many more questions I can ask but the aforementioned will give me a decent guideline as to which IEMs I can recommend.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget? I can also suggest a few IEMs in the price range(s) you specify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back