Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added RSA SR-71B
Jan 25, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #136 of 3,234
Great review! Will you be trying the C & C Box amp soon?

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #137 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would also like to say 'hi' to everyone here. Skylab turned me on to headfi awhile back and I have been lurking/researching for the last month or so, looking into headphones and portable amps. What a GREAT place this is, chock full of all sorts of information. I am glad to have found it.

Chuck - it's great to have you here!

Sorry for your wallet, though
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #138 of 3,234
Well my wife held my feet to the fire for a bit, but ended up just shaking her head in disbelief, or rather, complete inability to understand such things...but if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, is my motto!!!

icon10.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #140 of 3,234
Skylab, if you still have the iBasso P1 you need to try it with the AD8620, just a bit of difference I think.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #141 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab, if you still have the iBasso P1 you need to try it with the AD8620, just a bit of difference I think.

I do still have it, but as I have stated before, I don't op-amp roll. Just not my thing.

Jan 25, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #142 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do still have it, but as I have stated before, I don't op-amp roll. Just not my thing.

Ok but too bad because it opens the amp up with the clarity of the C&C but with a fuller sound.

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #144 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have purchased a couple other portable amps since I first published this review, the Xenos 1HA-EPC and the iBasso P-1, and I got my Xtra X-1 repaired unit back. I have run the new amps through the full battery of tests described above. I have added full comments on the X-1. I have not done so on the Xenos or iBasso amps, but will as time permits. I have decided to do an updated rankings. These are all now in the original review post.

EDIT: PLEASE READ THE WHOLE UPDATE before commenting. As I indicate there, since I no longer have the Practical Devices XM4, I could not decide directly between the iBasso and the XM4, so I list them as a TIE.

Hey Sky-

Any updaties on a full review of the Xenos? I'm looking to pick one up for my work rig, would like to hear your thoughts.

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #145 of 3,234
Man that Headphonia amp looks real tempting, feature rich and affordable.

I was wondering if I placed a order for the 3 swtich usb dac version would I get the old version if I ordered now or would I be placed in line for the newer version?

Thanks,
Troy

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #146 of 3,234
Just to say thanks skylab, you helped 'reassure' me that the headphonia would be a good purchase. I think I am going to be receiving the new improved model too, and he said you reviewed the old model
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #147 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man that Headphonia amp looks real tempting, feature rich and affordable.

I was wondering if I placed a order for the 3 swtich usb dac version would I get the old version if I ordered now or would I be placed in line for the newer version?

Thanks,
Troy

You'd get the newer model. I've read it somewhere in the Headphonia forums: http://www.headphonia.org/forum/index.php

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #148 of 3,234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd get the newer model. I've read it somewhere in the Headphonia forums: http://www.headphonia.org/forum/index.php

He said to me that if I couldnt wait for the new model, he could sent me the current model and then just swap it once the new model is ready, which seems very nice of him.
But I can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back