Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Oct 3, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #347 of 659
Quote:

donunus
zvovchik, Is the 6H6p-i and the 6n6p-i the same? So 6n6p without the i is also the same thing?

6H6P-i ad 6n6p-i is the exact same thing. the "H" is the letter "n" in cyrillic(russian), since these are USSR tubes.
now as far as 6n6p being the same as 6n6p-i i dont think that is the case. in my inexperienced opinion i think that 6n6p-i is very similar in characteristics but some specs are different, look here

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #349 of 659
i am now using Russian driver tubes with markings 6H6N and next line was 0884 ... these exhibit same behaviour as OEM tubes as per my ears and other gears.. i wonder if my observation is correct

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #350 of 659
I have nos russian 6H6N (6N6P) tubes as well, they work fine in the MKII, visually identical to the stock ones...

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #351 of 659
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am now using Russian driver tubes with markings 6H6N and next line was 0884 ... these exhibit same behaviour as OEM tubes as per my ears and other gears.. i wonder if my observation is correct

Thanks again for the tubes doc!
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #353 of 659
zvovchik-
Thanks for the info. That's interesting that you can use both at the same time. Since the MK II primary function is headphones I wasn't sure how good the preamp section would be. What other preamps have you compared it to? It seems from reviews and from what you're saying to be way better than an afterthought.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #354 of 659
Hi, guys!

Listen, I want some tube dampers for my LD. Currently I am using Voshod 6ZH1P-EV and 6N6P.

Thinking about HAL O MidFi and 7 Damping Instrument.

Does anyone have a tip or did used dampers and like to share some thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #355 of 659
Been lurking for a while (i.e years) and registered some days ago.
I've decided to feed my HD580 with proper juice and just ordered a Little Dot MKII
k701smile.gif

.. already looking for the good tube combo (listening to jazz, classical, vocal music mostly)
normal_smile .gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #356 of 659
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, first, I would go over to the MKIII tube rolling thread and ask the folks there, if someone would be kind enough to sell you a pair of 6H6N-PI power tubes. They are the best you can get for a stock MKII and most have bought them in lots of 8 or 10, so extras are around.
smily_headphones1.gif

Evening lads ! (Evening for me in France
tongue.gif
)

I was wondering ... I can see many lots of 6H6N tubes on ebay but power tubes do need to be matched isn't it ? How do you handle it on your amp ? Do you assume your are buying a lot from the same batch and their are all "pairs" ?

ps : sorry for my english
ph34r.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #358 of 659
Just want to say that the mullard ef92 is the best tube I have ever put on my little dot mk2. Slightly rich sounding bass, neutral mids and highs that lack the grain of most the other tubes I have or have had. My hd580s are very happy with this amp using the mullards and the 6n6p russian power tubes both given to me by bass_nut.

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #359 of 659
Just received mine. Source is a Sony SACD XE670. Sounds OK. Not better than the headphone jack from the source though ...

I'm not waiting for the tubes to burn ok, I'm gonna get some good Mullard tubes, I can't wait to have some good sound between my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back