Review of the Audio-GD FUN - A modular Dac / Headphone amp / Preamp
Jul 15, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #1,126 of 1,252
Two days ago I ordered my FUN.
I hope it'll be not a dissapointment :)
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #1,129 of 1,252
Quote:
I cancelled my Nuforce HDP and ordered a FUN instead during the 10% off + free Earth offer. I'm hoping it pairs well with the LCD-2 and was the right choice over the HDP!

Good call.  The HDP would have underpowered the LCD2s.  You'll be getting at least 2-3 watts from the FUN.

Quote:
Has anyone tried the FUN with Shure SRH-840??
I intend to couple the two for a mobile computer setup. I hope there will be sufficient quantity of bass (it's so important to me...)
confused.gif

FUN isn't mobile at all.  

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #1,132 of 1,252
Mine arrived today, after a loooong stay at the Brazilian Customs.

Audio-gd should REALLY stick a manual inside the box. I lost a lot of time thinking my unit had a problem, until a realized how the line-in button worked.
That solved, I am really Impressed with it.
Listening to it totaly stock right now. Ordered it with the DIR 9001.

Moon and Earth came with it too, one of them will be tested tomorrow.
Out of the box it sounds great with the K-702's.

Looks nice too, I'm already happy with it.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,135 of 1,252

Quote:
I cancelled my Nuforce HDP and ordered a FUN instead during the 10% off + free Earth offer. I'm hoping it pairs well with the LCD-2 and was the right choice over the HDP!

I've messed around with the LCD-2 in my FUN at a head-fi meet.  It's got enough to play them pretty loud and detailed.  Hope that helps.

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #1,137 of 1,252
That's good news.

My only reference at the moment is a GS Solo SRGII w/PSU1, which may or may not be driving them well. I mean, it certainly can blow my head off with volume but that doesn't necessarily mean anything?

I've got the Earth op-amp coming with it, which is meant to be fairly neutral. I wonder, would it be worth getting a Sun (said to be "dynamic" sounding") to help with the LCD-2 Rev1's treble/darkness. You have a sun don't you n0s?

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #1,139 of 1,252
When using FUN as USB DAC: which player suits best to it?
Currently I play my lossless files with foobar2000 because of it's simplicity but I can hear there the differences between WMP, winamp and foobar. I've never tried j.river.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back