Review of Little Dot MKV Dual Mono Solid State Headphone Amplifier
Mar 8, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #107 of 740
Just received my tracking number today
cool.gif

Some more days to wait ...

Mar 8, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #109 of 740
I was interested in this amp earlier and still am sort of. I asked the question regarding the opamps because if I had the ability to fine tune the sound- well it would be a done deal by now.

Here is the response I got:
Quote:

Hello Mike!

The op-amp is indeed the signal path, however I would not recommend rolling op-amps as the MK V circuit design is not conducive to "drop-in" op-amp replacements, and doing so with most of the popular op-amps on the market would cause an undesirable DC offset.
The MK V was really designed for minimal maintenance and tweaking as the components were designed carefully to work in harmony. The down-side of such "precision" is that is there very little room for tweaking and op-amp rolling.

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if you have any others!

Best Regards,
David

Hope that answers any opamp rolling questions!

Mar 8, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #110 of 740
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was interested in this amp earlier and still am sort of. I asked the question regarding the opamps because if I had the ability to fine tune the sound- well it would be a done deal by now.

Here is the response I got:
Hope that answers any opamp rolling questions!

Thanks for posting the reply. I got one too, but was having trouble finding it. It's too bad you didn't get the MKV, but I understand the desire to swap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #112 of 740
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablaze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Penchum, I know you absolutely ADDDOOORREEE your mkV, but I think some of us would really like to explore our options with different opamp 'flavours' if not my question regarding the opamps wouldn't have been asked before already!

I've got 64ohm impedence on my JVC btw..

LOL!

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #114 of 740
My first impressions after 2 hours with the MKV: compared to the Zero headamp, the soundstage is much wider and I can hear precisely each instrument. Right now the sound is colder. I hope that it will improve after burning in.
Finaly the zero headamp is not ridiculous facing the MKV (I have a pair of OPA627BPs after the DAC and 2xLM4562 in the AMP)

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #115 of 740
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fremen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first impressions after 2 hours with the MKV: compared to the Zero headamp, the soundstage is much wider and I can hear precisely each instrument. Right now the sound is colder. I hope that it will improve after burning in.
Finaly the zero headamp is not ridiculous facing the MKV (I have a pair of OPA627BPs after the DAC and 2xLM4562 in the AMP)

You will notice changes somewhere between 45-65 hours, with the MKV settling in at 100 hours. Even though it is very good right out of the box, it just gets better as you go.
smily_headphones1.gif
I still like the Zero's headamp with the right Opamps in it, but you'll see the difference much more clearly after some time.
Have a good one!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #118 of 740
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my MKV one hour ago. It goes very well with k701 and dt990. I was impressived by its sound quality. However, I think it does not fit to the dt880-- at least I can say not a good choice.

Easy now, you need to burn-in that MKV. It will be a whole different story when you hit 100 hours. Then, do the critical listening with the different headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #119 of 740
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aptom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add some pictures by the way.

2_60527_c8cdc930eda65dc.jpg

Have you hit the 100hr mark yet? Looking to hear your impressions since some time has gone by. I think Freman told me in the Zero thread that his has matured into his fav.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #120 of 740
anyone know how this amp compares to the graham slee solo??
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back