REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 5, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #91 of 854
They fit the Comply tips too >.<
Really, stop convinicing me even more to buy these..my wallet can't handle it!
I will have to wait until we've got some good reviews of the Nuforce NE-8 though.

EDIT: Someone should email Nuforce about their crappy tips and see if they can fix them in new batches as it might of been an oversight by them.

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #92 of 854
As I noted, I never have luck with the stock silicone sleeves that come with canal phones, never. So it may just be me, and zombieflanders. As more people get them, I guess we will find out. The stock sleeves were no different than the ones can came with my other canal phones (I have a giant bag of them).

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #93 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I noted, I never have luck with the stock silicone sleeves that come with canal phones, never. So it may just be me, and zombieflanders. As more people get them, I guess we will find out. The stock sleeves were no different than the ones can came with my other canal phones (I have a giant bag of them).

Not to say all silicon tips are bad though. The Sony EX series work quite well with the Denon C700's.

Reason = if the marketing team found out that the crappy silicon tips we're affecting the advertising potential / if the sales team found out that customers were disatisfied with the product due to the tips and that the product isn't reaching it's full potential = bad for business.

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #95 of 854
hello! I will be doing a review on the Nuforce Ne-8 when i receive them. that will be in about two weeks or so, the shipping date has been postponed and they start to ship next week. I will let you all in to it when i have finished!

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #96 of 854
I have to agree that the Complys T400 tips are a good choice for the NE-7M. Listening to them with my Imod/Vcaps/Pico the sound is awesome. Yes, like with all foam tips I find that just a little of the sparkle and out of head experience is diminished, but the bass is now up there with the Klipsch Image X10 and they still have a refined and detailed sound. And, the bass still does not encroach upon the mids like with female vocals, so this is good.

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #97 of 854
Just wanted to add my modest impressions regarding these phones. My left ear is really tricky to fit IEMs it seems, so I can't get the NE-7M to fit right, but out of box impression is that the bass is quite warm and strong, not as strong as the X10 which I also have atm. Actually HeadphoneAddict and I have been trading few a PMs and being new to IEMs and headphones in general I was relaying my slight disappointment with the X10, but he explained to me the importance of the seal and how my funny shaped ear canal might be the problem - still, even with the imperfect fit I cannot say I had the same experience as zombieflanders regarding the tinny sound - the NE-7M seems overall to be quite nice and balanced.

I do have to say the stock tips are causing me other grief. They seem to be a little tacky on the underside so they stick together briefly when pressed on, which leads to a sort of crinkly noise when you insert then into the ears. On my left ear with the bad fit the crinkly noise can be heard frequently as I move around, while the better fit right ear does not exhibit this problem.

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #98 of 854
I have had a crinkly noise if I try to insert these in too far with the stock tips, and had the same crinkly noise with the Senn CX300 that I gave away a while back. The Denon and some Sony silicone tips will fit these, and they don't crinkle, so you can always use those - or try the Complys T400 foam tips.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #100 of 854
if only comply tips didn't cost so darn much. $10 or less would be perfect.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #101 of 854
Thanks Headphone Addict for the recommendation...

i just ordered it thru amazon for my iphone 3g...

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #102 of 854
Thanks Headphone Addict for an honest review, I'm not an audiophile by any means, but these sound amazing, the bass is perfect and I'm also saying this as someone who does love his bass.

Played out Flo Rida's Low for the bass effect, sounds very strong, switched over to some Metallica, once again I love the overall sound. Also listened to some Paul Oakenfold songs, thought the bass was very strong.

However, as these are my first in-ear type earphones, I'm still not too sure if I'll end up sticking with them. Just at the gym today it was impossible to hear anything else, I didn't realize there would be that much isolation, my friend was only able to get my attention by tapping my shoulder. It's also quite odd having a plugged sensation in my ears, and I felt a somewhat nauseous feeling having them in for too long. I just don't think headphones that I stick in my ear are my kind of thing :p.

Are there any bass-centric earbuds that anyone here would recommend as replacements for the stock Apple earbuds?

HeadphoneAddict's review was spot on and I love the way these sound, and their bass is great, but I feel like IEMs may not be the type of headphones for me, that being said, I'm going to stick with them for a bit and see if I can grow into using these type of headphones, and to think I almost ordered the $180 GX400s for my gaming needs.

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #103 of 854
IEMs will feel weird for a while until you get used to the idea of things in your ear. It could also be that you're using tips that are too large.

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #104 of 854
I'm using the default silicon tip that comes with them, it's the smallest one they come with, dunno if a smaller one would even fit, also I should mention I've had no issues getting a good seal or noticing bass with these, I just stuck them in and felt the bass.

I'll try getting used to it for a while first
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #105 of 854
Well, i am now sold and i am even gonna buy the comply tips too ,here in Jamaica my courier is gonna kill me with shipping charges o well and least the phone will be legit and not a chance of been a fake senn cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back