REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 5, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #106 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by N4V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Headphone Addict for an honest review, I'm not an audiophile by any means, but these sound amazing, the bass is perfect and I'm also saying this as someone who does love his bass.

Played out Flo Rida's Low for the bass effect, sounds very strong, switched over to some Metallica, once again I love the overall sound. Also listened to some Paul Oakenfold songs, thought the bass was very strong.

However, as these are my first in-ear type earphones, I'm still not too sure if I'll end up sticking with them. Just at the gym today it was impossible to hear anything else, I didn't realize there would be that much isolation, my friend was only able to get my attention by tapping my shoulder. It's also quite odd having a plugged sensation in my ears, and I felt a somewhat nauseous feeling having them in for too long. I just don't think headphones that I stick in my ear are my kind of thing :p.

Are there any bass-centric earbuds that anyone here would recommend as replacements for the stock Apple earbuds?

HeadphoneAddict's review was spot on and I love the way these sound, and their bass is great, but I feel like IEMs may not be the type of headphones for me, that being said, I'm going to stick with them for a bit and see if I can grow into using these type of headphones, and to think I almost ordered the $180 GX400s for my gaming needs.

I would at least keep them for when you want to relax with quiet music and no external intrusions. And, when used with the Nuforce Icon Mobile USB DAC amp ($99) you can use the NE-7M with the amp as gaming headphones with mic on your PC or Mac. One of the two headphone jacks will accept the 4 conductor 3.5mm plug and let you use the headset as a USB mic and headphone.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #107 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would at least keep them for when you want to relax with quiet music and no external intrusions. And, when used with the Nuforce Icon Mobile USB DAC amp ($99) you can use the NE-7M with the amp as gaming headphones with mic on your PC or Mac. One of the two headphone jacks will accept the 4 conductor 3.5mm plug and let you use the headset as a USB mic and headphone.

Yeah I'll probably get used to them, and I'll look into amp, thanks.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #110 of 854
No one's too busy for Head-fi
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #111 of 854
Great review, OP. I am currently reading digesting it, since I am looking for something with more bass but still balanced than the ER6i.

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #112 of 854
In addition to having tried and liked the Complys T400 foam tips (Leon, yours were mailed out today), I tried the medium clear vinyl tips from my old Shure E2c and the black soft silicone tips from the E2c - and both fit/seal better and isolate better than stock, and sound as good as the stock tips but with better bass. Any of those three options beat the stock tips, as do the Denon C700 tips. And, my review was done using the stock tips.
eek.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #113 of 854
Quote:

In addition to having tried and liked the Complys T400 foam tips (Leon, yours were mailed out today), I tried the medium clear vinyl tips from my old Shure E2c and the black soft silicone tips from the E2c - and both fit/seal better and isolate better than stock, and sound as good as the stock tips but with better bass. Any of those three options beat the stock tips, as do the Denon C700 tips. And, my review was done using the stock tips.
eek.gif

Yeah. Thanks a lot!
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #114 of 854
So HeadphoneAddict, you've also tried putting your C700 tips on the NE-7ms?

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #115 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So HeadphoneAddict, you've also tried putting your C700 tips on the NE-7ms?

Yes, I mentioned that a few days ago. They crinkle less than the stock tips, but the E2c tips are even better.

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #116 of 854
Quote:

Any of those three options beat the stock tips, as do the Denon C700 tips. And, my review was done using the stock tips.
eek.gif

Yeah thanks for clarifying HeadphoneAddict! I was just trying to understand this sentence, but now I do.

Dec 6, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #117 of 854
Quote:

Any of those three options beat the stock tips, as do the Denon C700 tips.

Oh man, if the C700's tips are better than the stock tips, that's really saying something...gees....

A couple of quick questions:

How's the isolation of these with say stock and Comply tips?
Also, any other place except Amazon in which I can buy them?
$30 ship for a $50 IEM + el crapty exchange rate = is killer
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #119 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, if the C700's tips are better than the stock tips, that's really saying something...gees....

A couple of quick questions:

How's the isolation of these with say stock and Comply tips?
Also, any other place except Amazon in which I can buy them?
$30 ship for a $50 IEM + el crapty exchange rate = is killer
frown.gif

Isolation with the T400s is excellent.

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #120 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by liteon6x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the comply t400 tips the best pair of tips for the ne 7m or what or the c700 tips etc

Depends. For me, the T400s are the only ones that worked. Not so for HPAddict and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back