REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #361 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by bor_venin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: any tips on straightening the cord?

L3000.gif

Just roll the cord between your index finger and your thumb along the entirety of the cord. Straightens any straight cord earphone cord.

Is there such a thing as an IEM with a twisted cord?

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #364 of 854
Quote:

Thanks, and thanks for the review. I got these IEM's cause of this thread. I was looking at UE super fi 5vi's first until i stumbled on this thread. Really loving them so far! I can't compare them to any other IEM's as these are my first pair but they sound really great right out of the box. I've been burning them in with pink noise for 5 hours now. Probably going to do 50 hour total and I'll just start using them from there. Is this ok? 50 hrs too little?

As for the tips and to get back to hughwi. I have only used the comply tips so far, didn't even bother trying on the stock tips. I find they seal really well. Can't say much about the comfort yet cause these are my first IEM's and my ears still have to get used to the feeling of having something shoved in them
wink.gif
I'm getting the exact same results as hughwi. Meaning I'm only able to get the tips on as far as ~3mm away from the copper housing. So I assume this is the way they should fit. Maybe HeadphoneAddict can share his experience on this matter.

edit: any tips on straightening the cord?

L3000.gif

Great, I replied to this and don't see it, so now I gotta go find out what thread I posted the reply in. Did you post this same question about burn-in and tips being 3mm from the copper housing in another thread?

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #365 of 854
Found my reply in the WA6 in da house thread - here it is now:

There is a notch and a shelf on the NE-7M sound nozzle, and the Complys or other tips don't go on all the way to the body.

As for burn-in, they will improve with burn-in of only 50 hours, but wont stop changing until 85-100 hours. I took a while to burn-in mine because I was using them and taking them around with me, instead of leaving them at home to run for 3-4 straight days.

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #367 of 854
Quote:

Ok so they way the comply's fit on that picture is the way they should fit, right?

I believe so.

And i guess i'll just burn them in for every night for a week straight and when im not using them.

You don't need to do it that long unless it is the NE-8 you have.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #368 of 854
First impression:
Just received NE-7M. Out of box with standard tip, the sound is outstanding, from low to high. It will be perfect if it can produce a bit warmer and bigger soundstage.

Songs: Diana Krall "From This Moment On" MP3 and "The Girl in the Other Room" FLAC album. Micheal (Mikaeel) Jackson 'BAD' album MP3. Eagle's Hotel California Live OGG VBR.
Source : Lenovo ThinkPad T61 --USB--> NuForce Icon Mobile

What else that I can say other than Marvelous!! Really enjoying it.

TQ.

Jan 23, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #370 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the Z.Buds stack up pretty well against these. Anyone hear both?

I posted a link to another thread with my impressions on the 13th, in this thread in post #317. Here it is again, read the whole thing with the original poster's comments and mine: Z.buds impressions - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

My son and I rank the Z.buds somewhat lower than NE-7M: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ml#post5307675

Jan 23, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #371 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted a link to another thread with my impressions on the 13th, in this thread in post #317. Here it is again, read the whole thing with the original poster's comments and mine: Z.buds impressions - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

My son and I rank the Z.buds somewhat lower than NE-7M: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...ml#post5307675

Hey Headphone Addict, how do the X10 gel tips work on the NE7's? Somewhere I heard that these might fit as well.

If so, what is the comfort level like?

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #372 of 854
The X10 sound nozzle is smaller than the NE-7M, so I don't expect they will fit. The Shure E2c black silicone tips are comfortable for me, and provide great sound and quick one handed insertion. The Complys T400 are more comfortable, but need to roll the foam up before inserting into your ear. Those are the best I have found for these so far.

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #374 of 854
I must be an anomaly because I received these today and just put them in with the stock silicone tips and they both suctioned perfectly. There was no discomfort and they provided a nice seal for bass. I have a 5 pair of complys on the way which will hopefully provide better isolation.

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #375 of 854
Quote:

I have tried google but is it possible to get those E2c tips without the actual IEM's?

Yes. Try any of the links from Caze's post here. (But note that they're not actually the "olives;" that's a name which was informally given to Shure's black foam sleeves.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back