REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Jan 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #376 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle Shepard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be an anomaly because I received these today and just put them in with the stock silicone tips and they both suctioned perfectly. There was no discomfort and they provided a nice seal for bass. I have a 5 pair of complys on the way which will hopefully provide better isolation.

I was also able to get the stock tips to work for my review, but later I discovered they sound even better with more bass with the Shure tips.

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #377 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also able to get the stock tips to work for my review, but later I discovered they sound even better with more bass with the Shure tips.

Which is really saying something... The bass in these things is really, really impressive. I had a pair of Sony IEM's years ago and they made me think good bass in IEMs just wasn't possible. I'm halfway through the burn-in process and I'm listening more now. All I can say is "wow." Coming from ESW9's I didn't think these would wow me but I'm actually surprised at how out of the head the sound is.

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #378 of 854
I would like to say thanks to larry for his recommendation. It was tough for me to find these ne-7m at the tiny island which im staying at but it proved to be a very fruitful return for me in the end. They sound fantastic and i have my fair share of IEMS purchased thru online ranging from UE, Shures to Denons, i was skeptical at first but i was blown away! Now im selling off my other IEMS to my friends and keeping the best for myself. heh
L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #379 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X10 sound nozzle is smaller than the NE-7M, so I don't expect they will fit. The Shure E2c black silicone tips are comfortable for me, and provide great sound and quick one handed insertion. The Complys T400 are more comfortable, but need to roll the foam up before inserting into your ear. Those are the best I have found for these so far.

Finally a post indicating that the Shure E2C black tips fit the NE-7M.
*best Monty Burns impression* Excellent.....
Time to buy.

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #382 of 854
I was reading through many of the threads here and noticed a few people had some problems with the Ne-7M's when it came to plugging them into non-iPhone devices. (since the plug had 4 parts to it compared to 3 as non-microphone earphones have)

I would be using a 2g Nano, a 5g iPod, and an IBM thinkpad as my sources.
Would the Ne-7M plug fit into here without a problem or would I have to do that "keep it a little unplugged" business?

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #384 of 854
Thanks HPaddict! I just received my Ne-7s from amazon...amazing phones without even burning them in. I'm using the transparent tips from my old shure E2's. I what I really like about them is that they can double as a remote control for my ipod classic. Hopefully they are compatible with the palm pre when it is released. I think I'm done with buying headphones for now. I'm content with these and my Beyer DT-770-80.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #385 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by KitarP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be using a 2g Nano, a 5g iPod, and an IBM thinkpad as my sources.
Would the Ne-7M plug fit into here without a problem or would I have to do that "keep it a little unplugged" business?

The NE-7M works perfectly with my 2G iPod Touch and my Lenovo Ideapad S10 so they should work fine with your Nano and your IBM. I'm pretty sure Lenovo makes IBM's Thinkpads.

I have a 1st gen iPod Shuffle where I need to pull the plug out just a bit but that thing's about 5 years old now.

The 5 gig iPod - I don't know. Probably works with that too.

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #386 of 854
First of all, I LOVE these IEMs. They're my favorite over the Atrio M5s and Denon C700.

One issue, however. It's minor but I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed this.

The stress relief on the jack is sooooooooooo stiff that it has broken at one point in the month I have owned them. I've never seen that happen before. The wire itself remains intact and the sound is unaffected, but the stress relief is broken into two pieces where it flexes. I'm trying to think of a solution to mend it together or to make the whole plug more durable.

Has anybody else experienced this? More importantly, has anybody fixed it? I was thinking of going to a hardware store for a small tube of epoxy to mend the broken part but I'm afraid of it dissolving the plastic. Anybody have a recommendation?

Also, Jason from Nu-Force, I love the NE-7M's but if you ever do a production refresh, please use a stress relief with plastic that isn't so stiff that it could break easily.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #387 of 854
Thanks for your help guys.
I think I will get them in a little bit, waiting to see if NuForce is going to change the tips within the next two weeks or so. I'm looking forward to upgrading to these from my marshmallows.

Next stop Klipsch X10s haha. I was going to get them but I want to go thru the upgrade curve (and waste money
confused_face.gif
haha)

Gunga, yup Lenovo does make IBM Thinkpads.

Jan 26, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #388 of 854
Received my NE-7M's last week and am loving them so far. Ended up cancelling Z.Buds order and have no regrets. I've been burning these in with pink noise when I have a chance, probably have 15-20 hours of burn in and use with them. How much burn in time are you finding optimal?

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #390 of 854
i think the price here in the UK is a bit unfair. I contacted the reseller here and this is what he replied.

Quote:

Good morning, just opened.

Right to you inc Vat and carriage £69 via recorded for delivery tomorrow.

Payment via telephone and cc or you can paypal us. We will send you an invoice if you want to do it this way.

Havinf used this with my iphone for the last few weeks, and the Icon 1 mobile off a laptop, wow. I have been into headphones for 30+ years Sennheiser, Grado, Stax, Audio Technica, and have more pairs than I care to mention. These have left me impressed.

Let us know some time before 3pm if you want them for tomorrow.

All the best

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to ask you about the price. How is it that in the UK costs 69 pounds and in the US costs only 49$?????

Quote:

well yes this is the issue, we’ll do them to you for £50 no lower, but we buy for not a lot les than the US price as they are selling direct as manufacturers at not far from cost. So it is making it hard for us to get these into the market over here.

But we are not a dealer a distributor selling to retailers.

So either buy from the USA and pay tax, carriage etc and wait, or get a pair from us asap. Have support and warranty cover.

Your choice sir.

do you think that 50£ is a good price? if i order from the US + tax + shipping would be ~ 50 pounds i think....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back