[REVIEW] Nationite s:flo²
Jan 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 132
Hi!
First of all a big thank you for your great review :))) It helped me much. I own actually a rockboxed Fuze and I was planning buying an amp or a new DAP.

I looked on the Amp3, but there seems to be really a lot of issue with flac files (i am only listening to flac). This review confirmed what I was thinking, that the T-51 / S:Flo2 would be a really great challenger of the Fuze.

We will see, best regards!

Daniel.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #19 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick questions:

Does it Support PNG and Gif Images(Non-Moving)?

Can you delete images from the photo browser itself?

Does it support PDF?

PNG, No; GIF, yes.

Yes.

Txt only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good questions, I also want to know if this thing can play Call of Duty

No, Wolfenstein only
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 132
Based on the 2 Wolfson Dacs, can the S:flo2 be compared against other budget DACs on the market? e.g: MF Vdac, CA Dacmagic 2, Beresford,...

I want to upgrade my *crappy" Asus Xonar U1 to a proper DAC, but for my money sake, I hope I could save a bit by using the S:flo2 instead of my Macbook as source?

My wallet really aches..

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #21 of 132
This is a DAP. It doesn't work that way. You can't just connect it to your computer and bypass the internal sound card.

There are two DAC's here. One for headphone out and another for a line out if you want to connect it to an amp.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are two DAC's here. One for headphone out and another for a line out if you want to connect it to an amp.

The two DAC is actually in dual mono setup - it means the two of them works together as one DAC. One DAC outputs right channel and the other DAC outputs left, which go to the line-out as well as the headphone-out.

Jan 14, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by zzkatsuyazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on the 2 Wolfson Dacs, can the S:flo2 be compared against other budget DACs on the market? e.g: MF Vdac, CA Dacmagic 2, Beresford,...

I want to upgrade my *crappy" Asus Xonar U1 to a proper DAC, but for my money sake, I hope I could save a bit by using the S:flo2 instead of my Macbook as source?

My wallet really aches..

Good question.

It is common sense that any players boast employing lot of hi end components don't means it finally can produce the decent sound quality. We are more desiring to see who can audition the perfect sound quality players with the general components. This represent the audio strength of a company. in fact, the hi end audio players never boast them applying any hi end components. Even with DAP field, there are many DAPs applying Wolfson DAC. One component can't decide the overall sound quality.

I would lik to make an analogy with the car. Some so called hi end HYUNDAI car models provide many "luxury" designs, even the appearance copys the famours brands, But there is nothing outstanding. Even you can buy it with cheap price and get every thing you desire on the classical cars. But up to today, Hyundai still can not to be the first cars camp. Maybe My analogy is flip, but I think it is more important on audio products.

To me, I am not greedy to get every thing outstanding with moderate price. such as big screen, line out, xxx CORES, I only want to pay for music than not for the components.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #26 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good question.

It is common sense that any players boast employing lot of hi end components don't means it finally can produce the decent sound quality. We are more desiring to see who can audition the perfect sound quality players with the general components. This represent the audio strength of a company. in fact, the hi end audio players never boast them applying any hi end components. Even with DAP field, there are many DAPs applying Wolfson DAC. One component can't decide the overall sound quality.

I would lik to make an analogy with the car. Some so called hi end HYUNDAI car models provide many "luxury" designs, even the appearance copys the famours brands, But there is nothing outstanding. Even you can buy it with cheap price and get every thing you desire on the classical cars. But up to today, Hyundai still can not to be the first cars camp. Maybe My analogy is flip, but I think it is more important on audio products.

To me, I am not greedy to get every thing outstanding with moderate price. such as big screen, line out, xxx CORES, I only want to pay for music than not for the components.

beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #27 of 132
Why does every one run behind these touchscreen oriented players
mad.gif
.I'm still looking for something that would really replace my sansa fuze ( with a clean lineout signal
smile.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back