REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Dec 9, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #1,456 of 1,534
After some follow-up emails to them since friday,Ive managed to get a reply from head-direct 3 days (monday) after their last response and here it is,the very responsive reply.....pretty impressive,as Im being posted with the same status update......

"Dear Shawn,
Please do not get mad because of this. Your package has been returned by the Customs because there is battery in it. Recently they are very strict with it. We will arrange another shipment for you.
Best Regards
Amy
Hifiman Customer Service"

So will it be without a battery?

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,457 of 1,534
While sometimes playing the player will automatically shutdown. Two times it was in my hand and suddenly the music stopped and the hifiman log was displayed which
(like in the case of a shutdown)

Should I get a replacement?

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,458 of 1,534
  While sometimes playing the player will automatically shutdown. Two times it was in my hand and suddenly the music stopped and the hifiman log was displayed which
(like in the case of a shutdown)

Should I get a replacement?

I would say yes, but it's ultimately up to you. I would contact them about the issue first.

It might be a software issue though. Would you be willing to install Rockbox on it? If so, shoot me a PM. I can send you the links to what you need and the instructions on what to do.

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #1,459 of 1,534
Hi, my HM-601LE seems to be defected and i need to send back to Hifiman China for replacement/repair.
Is anyone here has experience with postage to China before?
I'll be using EMS from Malaysia and not really sure what should I declare the item as;(gift/merchandise/sample) and item description.
Would it be ok if I declare as sample and describe it as MP3 player?

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #1,460 of 1,534
Hi, my HM-601LE seems to be defected and i need to send back to Hifiman China for replacement/repair.
I'll be using EMS from Malaysia and not really sure what should I declare the item as;(gift/merchandise/sample) and item description.

Thats so bad and Well, you may also ask them how to declare to be best......as they have dealt lot of cases like this and they can guide you....and pls use registered parcel with tracking # for safety and peace of mind tho it costs just little extra....

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,461 of 1,534
By looking at the failures/defective units from 2 of our headfiers confirms the hurry burry batch of black friday has a very bad QC issues?.....this alarms me to cancel my close to 4 weeks order processing of combo deal by head-direct........

Dec 9, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #1,462 of 1,534
By looking at the failures/defective units from 2 of our headfiers confirms the hurry burry batch of black friday has a very bad QC issues?.....this alarms me to cancel my close to 4 weeks order processing of combo deal by head-direct........

Up to you, but I've had no issues with mine so far. Then again, I've been using it with Rockbox instead of the stock firmware. Unless people are willing to install Rockbox on their devices and see if their problems continue, we'll never know if it's a hardware or software issue.

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,464 of 1,534
  I would say yes, but it's ultimately up to you. I would contact them about the issue first.

It might be a software issue though. Would you be willing to install Rockbox on it? If so, shoot me a PM. I can send you the links to what you need and the instructions on what to do.

Another weird thing, while charging yesterday it suddenly turned off after 5 mins and the other time after like 10 minutes. After 3 hours also the batter was only charged by about 25%. I then put it overnight for charging and it didn't turn off then. Thankfully. There is something wrong.

I'll drop my vendor an email. Rockbox is totally reversible and will have no impact on warranty right? It also won't brick the device. Sorry for all the noobish questions.

Can you please tell me what the issue is?

Dec 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #1,465 of 1,534
  I'll drop my vendor an email. Rockbox is totally reversible and will have no impact on warranty right? It also won't brick the device. Sorry for all the noobish questions.

Don't know about the warranty, but it is reversible. There is always a possibility of bricking the device, but that'll mainly come down to user error. If you do everything correctly, there shouldn't be any problems.

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #1,466 of 1,534
  Another weird thing, while charging yesterday it suddenly turned off after 5 mins and the other time after like 10 minutes. After 3 hours also the batter was only charged by about 25%. I then put it overnight for charging and it didn't turn off then. Thankfully. There is something wrong.

Can you please tell me what the issue is?

I just received my HM601LE about a week ago and i'm hardly using it because it regularly freeze and there is no way i can reset it. I have to wait till the battery drained and off by itself then turn it back on after recharge.But it will freeze again after a few minutes. It even freeze while navigating the menu and while transferring music file via PC. Now, it refuse to turn on even i have recharge it. Not sure what is the problem.

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #1,467 of 1,534
Is there not a "pinhole" for hard reset?

I'm not absolutely sure, I don't have mine with me right now...

Dec 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #1,468 of 1,534

I just received my HM601LE about a week ago and i'm hardly using it because it regularly freeze and there is no way i can reset it. I have to wait till the battery drained and off by itself then turn it back on after recharge.But it will freeze again after a few minutes. It even freeze while navigating the menu and while transferring music file via PC. Now, it refuse to turn on even i have recharge it. Not sure what is the problem.

Damn is that sad. With my issues, I really doubt that the last batch has some problems.
  Don't know about the warranty, but it is reversible. There is always a possibility of bricking the device, but that'll mainly come down to user error. If you do everything correctly, there shouldn't be any problems.

Oh ok, I'll see what the seller says and if he says it's ok to rockbox then I'll proceed. Many thanks for your offer. :)

Dec 10, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,470 of 1,534
It is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back