[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Apr 9, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #1,426 of 2,011
I found the RE0 to have the best sound with the clear small bi-flange, seeing as the large was just way too massive for my ears. IEM's tend to stick out of my ears a bit anyways, no matter how low profile they are due to the shape of my outer ears, but that combined with the large not fitting right down in the canal led me to not be able to use them.
Use whatever works for you, the RE0 doesn't show a huge difference in tips IMO compared to some like the Eterna.

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #1,427 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the RE0 to have the best sound with the clear small bi-flange, seeing as the large was just way too massive for my ears. IEM's tend to stick out of my ears a bit anyways, no matter how low profile they are due to the shape of my outer ears, but that combined with the large not fitting right down in the canal led me to not be able to use them.
Use whatever works for you, the RE0 doesn't show a huge difference in tips IMO compared to some like the Eterna.

Hey, you're right. I just tried the small bi flanges as deep as possible (up to the outer flange) and damn do they sound good!

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #1,428 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. T. - Head-Direct
There are three different version RE0:
Oldest version: PVC plastic cable, very bad defective rate
2nd version: fabric cable make much worse noise, and defective rate is still bad
new version : PPE plastic cable and L shape mini plug. Better soundstage and much better defective rate

Can anyone confirm the better soundstage of the newest version?

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #1,430 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

++ Is that true?

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #1,431 of 2,011
I am really interested in the re0 and will be driving it off an ipod touch, unamped, reading thru the reviews i felt buying an amp will be better...so was thinking if i should go for the e5 or e1?? any difference b/w their sounds??
Also as the retail price is 199$ but as read in some places it can be bought for as little as 100$, i would really like to know some sites which are well reliable coz i'm from india and well dont wanna get ripped off...

As i have a firewall blocking all business sites with all proxies blocked too, i cant view these sites, hence asking for the name of the sites.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #1,432 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotter2142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am really interested in the re0 and will be driving it off an ipod touch, unamped, reading thru the reviews i felt buying an amp will be better...so was thinking if i should go for the e5 or e1?? any difference b/w their sounds??
Also as the retail price is 199$ but as read in some places it can be bought for as little as 100$, i would really like to know some sites which are well reliable coz i'm from india and well dont wanna get ripped off...

As i have a firewall blocking all business sites with all proxies blocked too, i cant view these sites, hence asking for the name of the sites.

Got mine on amazon. My iPod 5.5g drives them fine. Bought a fii0 befotre, it only worked plugged in.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #1,433 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by rotter2142 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can get the from Head-direct directly:
Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #1,435 of 2,011
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. T. - Head-Direct
There are three different version RE0:
Oldest version: PVC plastic cable, very bad defective rate
2nd version: fabric cable make much worse noise, and defective rate is still bad
new version : PPE plastic cable and L shape mini plug. Better soundstage and much better defective rate

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the version they are shipping now have a bigger soundstage and sound better than the older 2 versions?

wut?

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #1,436 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the version they are shipping now have a bigger soundstage and sound better than the older 2 versions?

As far as I know nothing changed except for the materials used. So no the soundstage is not changed.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #1,437 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know nothing changed except for the materials used. So no the soundstage is not changed.

Ms. T from Head-Fi's Customer Service Team told me they improved the soundstage directly in an email.
If you don't believe me I'm more than happy to forward the email to you.
I'm just wondering if any users can confirm this supposed improvement?

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #1,439 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hows the microphonics on it? is it really bad?

Could anyone go in detail about the whole Defective rate thing?

Do the Foam mods really help improve the sound?

I tried taking the foam and did not like it. All the bass was gone. I think they are perfect with the biflanges. I ordered the Sony hybrids but left for vacation before they arrived. I left them and my newly acquired gr8s burning with some pink noise while I'm gone. Can't wait to get back to them Friday.

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #1,440 of 2,011
Quote:

Ms. T from Head-Fi's Customer Service Team told me they improved the soundstage directly in an email.
If you don't believe me I'm more than happy to forward the email to you.
I'm just wondering if any users can confirm this supposed improvement?

Ok, I did not know this. I thought they just changed the connector and cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hows the microphonics on it? is it really bad?

Could anyone go in detail about the whole Defective rate thing?

Do the Foam mods really help improve the sound?

I think the microphonics are quite bad when worn straight down. Over the ear it's much better but I don't like the looks of it. So for on the road I use my Philips 9850 for now.

There are some users that had a defective unit, most of the time they get a replacement so no worries there.

About the foam mod I can't tell you about my own experience. From what I read here it makes the RE0 for most people a bit too bright sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back