[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #976 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dethredic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? I can't even slide the slider thing.

I never really got the point of those sliders?
What are they for, how would one use it?

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #978 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never really got the point of those sliders?
What are they for, how would one use it?

If you loop the cables over your ears and move the slider up, helps keep the earphones secure, especially if you are moving around.

-Pony

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #979 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dethredic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? I can't even slide the slider thing.

The old version with fabric cable has terrible microphonics.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #980 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old version with fabric cable has terrible microphonics.

ahh, well currently I find the microphonics pretty bad, I guess its not so bad then.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #981 of 2,011
Try using the shirt clip.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #984 of 2,011
I like the RE0 with my cmoyBB. I don't use the bass boost (too much), but I like the way the bass sounds with this amp.

BTW, this week, I was holding the metallic Y split cover while moving the slider and the Y split started to slide down, breaking off part of the wire underneath. It still works fine, just another fragile piece to be aware of, possibly.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #985 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1262 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would the works of Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kajiura sound like with the RE0?

Great. I haven't heard that much of Kanno's stuff, but you will like it.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #986 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ace1262 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would the works of Yoko Kanno and Yuki Kajiura sound like with the RE0?

Ah-mazing. Every little detail can be heard, and (the most important) voices are crystal clear.

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #988 of 2,011
I trust you guys listen to her broad scope of work too?

How about Yuki Kajiura's work? She's kind of famous for heavily layering her music with instruments, melodies and rhythms all at once...

I think of some of her works like a multi-layered sponge cake...for those of you who know its like Kueh Lapis. Its a sponge cake made of multiple layers of abt. 0.5 cm thick stacked on top of one another...say about 20 layers or so.

What do you think? Can the RE0 slice through this cake and reveal all of the layers intact?

Jan 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #989 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mukulymn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok re0 is praised to be very clear
i just wana know hw much subtle they are when compared to um3x

RE0 has way better treble - no contest at all. UM3X has richer mids and bass though, but they are also arguably more colored than RE0 - more fun - whereas RE0 sounds very honest and neutral, but still sufficiently musical where needed. What RE0 doesn't have if not amped properly is depth and bass definition. It sounds a bit shallow in its presentation - seems like the soundstage is lacking depth and also the bass lacks some tightness. If amped with a good portable amp however, RE0 can improve dramatically - the bass tightens up a lot and the overall sound becomes more 3d, better balanced with better transients and dynamics. For unamped use, I would choose UM3X over RE0, but if you got a decent amp, it's a toss up in my opinion and largely a matter of personal taste which one you will like more.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #990 of 2,011
Just got my RE0's in the mail and im listening as we speak. The detail is amazing!

I was worried about the bass, but there is plenty there for me. How much bass does one really need anyways?

The large bi-flanges fit my ears perfect, perfect seal.. anyone know where I can get more? or a similar tip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back