[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 20, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #962 of 2,011
the filters aren't wet or anything, I haven't used them a lot and didn't even take them outside yet.
Now the sound is back to normal and I don't know how but I don't think it's gonna stay that way for long...

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #964 of 2,011
They seem to change a good deal during burn-in. Mine also went through channel imbalance and similar wierdness. It stops eventually, though it would help that you check/replace those filters anyway. I'm not entirely certain of earwax's impact on the filters.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #968 of 2,011
Mine sounded much better after 100 hours or so. There was one point where I didn't use them for a day or so, and they sounded much better the next time I used them. They haven't really improved since then, but I'm happy with the way they sound now. You'll probably notice the biggest differences after ~25 hours and after ~100 hours.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #969 of 2,011
I have a problem with the filters. They hold moisture like nobody's business and they actually block the sound after a few days. I'm going through my reserve awfully fast and I don't think it's a good idea to leave the drivers exposed.

Anything I can do about it? (lmao, I see you were just talking about it.)

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #970 of 2,011
Hey guys, just got these for christmas.
I won't comment on the found yet as the burn in period isn't done.

I do have a problem with the little metal thing that shortens the length of the split between the left and right side. Is it just me or is that thing darn impossible to slide? I hurt my fingers every time I try to move it.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #971 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dethredic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, just got these for christmas.
I won't comment on the found yet as the burn in period isn't done.

I do have a problem with the little metal thing that shortens the length of the split between the left and right side. Is it just me or is that thing darn impossible to slide? I hurt my fingers every time I try to move it.

the slide's easy on my side.
L3000.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #972 of 2,011
Ok, I just checked out the head-direct page and found these images:

2009Jun28095643RE0-3.jpg

2009Jun28095518RE0-5.jpg

now compare those with mine:

dscf0401g.jpg

I see some very big differences, mainly the cord not being braided and the end being bent / not straight.

Also the packaging mine came is is different....

Did anyone else get this or is it just me?

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #973 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dethredic

It takes a bit of effort to slide it on my pair as well. No biggie, because I never feel the need to move it anyway.

Quote:

I see some very big differences, mainly the cord not being braided and the end being bent / not straight.

Also the packaging mine came is is different....

Did anyone else get this or is it just me?

It's been mentioned in a couple of the zillion threads about the RE0's that the cord has been changed in different manufacturing runs.

I see no packaging in the pics you posted, so what does yours look like?
Mine came in a similar clear plastic case as my 3G iPod Nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back