[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Dec 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #931 of 2,011
Ought to be, but there are better amps around from what I've read.
Like Minibox-E+
atsmile.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #932 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by delonicdevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tried the amb mini3 with Re0? is it good??

Yes, it is. The mini3 is a surprisingly powerful and transparent amp which works wonders with the RE0.

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #934 of 2,011
These things are a steal. I don't understand - I'd be more than happy to pay £10-20 more for these if they looked a bit better though, not that it matters much. I mean, why don't head-direct make these things good looking, work on the packaging, improve the build quality and promote them like they deserve to be promoted. They could make tons more money.

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #935 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by av2606 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These things are a steal. I don't understand - I'd be more than happy to pay £10-20 more for these if they looked a bit better though, not that it matters much. I mean, why don't head-direct make these things good looking, work on the packaging, improve the build quality and promote them like they deserve to be promoted. They could make tons more money.

That's why they're so affordable.

You're just gonna throw out the packaging anyways. Also, it costs them a lot to ship these. It cost $25 (180 yuan on the shipping receipt) to ship the RE0 to me in Canada, yet they only charged my $10.

I agree that they're not the best looking earphones. Making them look better costs more, and might affect sound quality (enclosure size and stuff).

Build quality seems cheap, but I don't think it is actually cheap. I think the build quality is pretty good, even though they look cheap.

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #936 of 2,011
Mine are coming EMS from China to Australia.
I suppose they send them the most affordable way they can for $10usd

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #937 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengbin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even though they look cheap.

Prevents people from stealing my headphones, as you ain't gonna steal something cheap.
I like the cheap disguise
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #938 of 2,011
i actually like the way its made now. i could care less how it looks as long as its made with good quality and good sound. if the wire would stay behind my ear all the time it would be perfect for me :p

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #941 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the new ones supposed to have a l-cord?
I just received mine (3days from china to france via tnt express!) and they have an y cable.

Are you thinking of the I and L plug?

Personally I like the look of the RE0. I thought it was really ugly in photos but seeing it with my eyes the metal casing looks very nice.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #942 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you thinking of the I and L plug?

No, he's talking about some of the newer RE0 that have an 'L' shaped 3.5mm jack instead of a straight jack. Mine was bought May 2009 and has a straight jack.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #944 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he's talking about some of the newer RE0 that have an 'L' shaped 3.5mm jack instead of a straight jack. Mine was bought May 2009 and has a straight jack.

Uh, that's exactly what I said.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #945 of 2,011
I've just returned a pair of Klipsch Image S4s due to high sibilance and easily distorted bass. My attention has now turned to the Shure SE530s. I prefer a warm, bass-responsive IEM, but also wish to hear the higher frequencies without fatiguing sibilance. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back