[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Oct 15, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #587 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicklite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
30 mins?!? what do you have in your ears?

I had the same problem everyone else did. The headphone came apart. I could have glued it together but didnt feel like i should have too

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #588 of 2,011
Comparing to many other earphones, RE0 are build very well. And saying "everyone else" had problems with their build quality, is quite inappropriate, as it might confuse people who are thinking about buying those.

Oct 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #589 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maeglas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparing to many other earphones, RE0 are build very well. And saying "everyone else" had problems with their build quality, is quite inappropriate, as it might confuse people who are thinking about buying those.

by "everyone else" i meant everyone that had a problem had the same problem. Im just going to spend some extra money and get the Westone 3

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #590 of 2,011
so i have a couple questions about the RE0..im not sure if its been mentioned already but ill ask anyway..sorry if it has

Isolation: how is that for the RE0. I'm used to the shure e3/e4 isolation so want something similar as i use iem's on the subway and bus a lot and whenever i have music on i cant hear the background which is what i want

Cable: I had major issues with the shure cable as it would kind of form a memory and became very annoying. I've read the last couple pages about some new cable thats different than the one that kind of looks like a rope (the best explanation i can think of..sorry). also is it durable? ive had shure splits and dont want something like that again

Bass: I just need some clarification on the bass. I did once own the er6i which was pretty light on bass and the e4 which has a lot more so it wont be a deal breaker if it has something like the er6i..but if you could compare the bass would it be closer to e4's bass or be more light like the er6i?

sorry for it being pretty long

EDIT: also hows the durability on these? dont want them breaking on me anytime soon :p

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #591 of 2,011
In case you missed this (just posted by Fang @ Head-Direct):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are using PPE cable for RE0 right now, which is the best material we can find. It is much better than regular PVC cable, and do not have much wind noise as fabric cable.

We upgrade plug. Now we are using L shape plug which will last much longer than the old plug on previous RE0.

We will not provide extension cord because people do not use it very often....

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #592 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are some pictures of the revision as well...
P1000240small.jpg

P1000241small.jpg

P1000237small.jpg

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #594 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics?

Sorry had some technical difficulties... tried tinypic, then imageshack, and finally photobucket was the one that worked. Up now
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #596 of 2,011
thanks for the pics..i actually like how this cable looks compared to the previous one

haha..too many earphones to buy

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #598 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwoo12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pictures of the revision as well...

Fantastic response to my questions.

So this would be a good solid upgrade from my Ety 6i's? I'll be using a Cowon S9.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #600 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass: I just need some clarification on the bass. I did once own the er6i which was pretty light on bass and the e4 which has a lot more so it wont be a deal breaker if it has something like the er6i..but if you could compare the bass would it be closer to e4's bass or be more light like the er6i?

Bass is a bit stronger to my ears (not deeper though) than with my PFEs, whose bass is said to be stronger than ER4's
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back