[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #212 of 2,011
Anyone have any experience with these compared to Denon AH-C751's? Stuck between these 2.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #214 of 2,011
im guessing the re-0 are the neutral ones. you can get denons for $108 now.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #215 of 2,011
been delivered to work but I'm out on site at a customer today
frown.gif
doh
frown.gif

but just incase anyone is wondering, I've paid no customs charges at all for delivery to the UK

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #216 of 2,011
Will be waiting for your thoughts on this. I'll probably go on a holiday tomorrow or the day after, but I'll make sure to keep my eye on this thread.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #217 of 2,011
Got mine already this morning!

First Impression (without burn-in)

Song Tested - Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me.

The sound signature is warm, bass is not flat but not strong, around bass quality and quantity like Crossroads X3i, clarity, mids, are way better than X3i. Sound is detailed. The bass is there, but impact isn't strong. Not the best bass out there, but its better than normal earphone bass. Soundstage is normal. The sound is very balanced, I don't know how to describe it, but the satisfaction is there. Very comfortable, isolation is quite good with the eartips provided.

Microphonic issue is there, but not major one, just a little. I dont really mind bout microphonics, not a big deal for me. I hate the material used which is a paper filter. I wish it could be a metal mesh though.

Going to burn in the IEM to see how well it response. Surprisingly my Nokia 5800xm can drive it without any major problem. I am very satisfied with the quality for the money I paid. I love the sound probably because I like warm sound a lot.

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #218 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be waiting for your thoughts on this. I'll probably go on a holiday tomorrow or the day after, but I'll make sure to keep my eye on this thread.

yea, I will be sure to let you know, and the guy only paid for my Nuforce NE-7M's last night meaning that I will send them tomorrow afternoon giving me a day to do a side by side comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

I've already chosen a song for first listening..DiY - Pimp My Saw
nice bit of techno
wink.gif

but I like alot from 2pac to Damien Rice so I will let you know based on a broad range of music

edit: anyone know how the RE0's would compare to the Senn IE7's?

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #219 of 2,011
maybe this fellow knows
Maybe he can give a more extensive opinion, but when see his sig I think he sold the IE7.

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #220 of 2,011
Given that circumstances prevent me from purchasing these for another week and a half, I figured I'd entertain alternatives in the meantime...

How do these compare to the Klipsch Custom 3's? Has anyone tried them both?

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #221 of 2,011
Goods news for me, Parcel Force came through and delivered them this afternoon.

Not so good though is that the Fiio E3 was not included . Which I find odd because my brother placed his order a few hours after me and he got the amp so I guess the allocation of the 'free gift' is a bit random.

Anyway thanks for the heads up on the queeniehyw ebay shop and I have ordered both the E3 and E5. Not that I necessarily need them but I find it very useful to have several reference points.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #222 of 2,011
You don't want the E3 anyways, not that good. It has some noticeable noise and permanent bass boost you can't turn off. I bought the E5 when I bought my earphone so I got both at the same time. I tried the E3 a little, then went to the E5. I stayed with the E5 and never touched the E3 again. The E3's not a bad idea for the casual user though who just wants a little amperage and some more bass, but generally as an amp...no.

C751 to RE0 is like apples to oranges, very different sounding earphones. It will come a lot down to intended use and personal preference.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #224 of 2,011
2-3 business days.

definitely 2 days for same state. i got it in 3 days from NY to CA

Fang is very quick in processing orders so you if place one today and send an e-mail stating you need them by Tuesday, I'm sure it'll be there.

So if they ship out Friday, it'll arrive Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back