[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Nov 22, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #16 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or so they say...

I too think they're not going to have as good a fit as the real Vibes, since the original's nozzle is quite a bit longer and ends in an angled, cylindric plate.

The bi-flanged tips fits damn well. With that bi-flanged tips, only the tips go into the ear anyway, the ergonomics of the phones don't really play a part.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 2,011
v-moda must have used dfkt's ears as a base when they built the vibes.... he swears by their comfort. and part of that is wearing them like IEMs, not canalphones. I find them comfortable, but my etys are for me more comfortable. I'd imagine the RE biflanges would also be comfy.

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #21 of 2,011
Unlike the RE1 and RE2 (which are semi-closed), I think RE0 is fully closed. What looks like vent holes on the back of the earpieces have very little impact on the SQ when blocked. More on this topic will be included in the review.

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is one unblocked hole in the back, however, it is very small.

Can we also expect a review from you? I enjoy reading yours as well, and I also like the pictures that you take for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #23 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we also expect a review from you? I enjoy reading yours as well, and I also like the pictures that you take for them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Me too
smily_headphones1.gif
I often find myself sharing a very close taste with Frederik on headphone after reading his review on TPU.
wink_face.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #26 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that RE0 a production model ?

Yes, I believe so.

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #30 of 2,011
I'd like to point out that the RE1 and RE0 pretty much tied in everything with your current rating system (except for soundstage, which RE1 won) so yeah, I guess this is partially why you are going to revise your rating system?

Anyways, another great review. I'm having a hard choice deciding between the RE2 and RE1 still lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back