Review: Grado Statement 1000
Mar 23, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #136 of 211
I have a pair on their way. Eagerly waiting for it and your second part, Zanth.

[size=small]Zanth![/size]

[size=medium]Zanth![/size]

[size=xx-large]Zanth![/size]

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #137 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...I really like Grado's, like Zanth, and I've found his impressions to be spot on in the past; therefore, I'm really looking forward to part II of this review because I've never heard the GS1000's and I feel as though I can get a rather good idea of how they sound by reading this.

The anticipation is high, as you can feel, because we've been eagerly waiting quite awhile now.

ah, i see... i'll repeat Jocelyn's impression: "they sound like the 325i, with the soundstage of a K701 and the frequency balence of a DT990".... almost makes me wish i had kept mine.

should be fun.. i just looked at the review list... PS-1, HP series, RS series.... now i'm waiting...
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #138 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what's everyone here waiting for?

I'm interested in similarities/differences between the GS1000 with flats and PS-1 with flats.

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #140 of 211
Will do that right now. Thanks Ryan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #141 of 211
LOL
gs1000.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol - I have owned the GS-1000 for months and still am waiting impatiently for the review. As if it is going to tell me something I don't already know
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #142 of 211
Just forget X CAN3 with GS1, that was my mistake to

Quote:

Originally Posted by snejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah and it doesnt get better with all the bumping - upping the anticipation
smily_headphones1.gif

Went in to a local dealer on some cable business yesterday and to my big surprise they recently had gotten the GS-1000 in as a demo pair - yaaaeej! Tried it out on a x-can v3 with arcam cd player (think it was the cd-36). Allthough they sounded pretty good I wasn't THAT overwhelmed (the phones hadn't been burned in though). I tried the 325i's after and actually liked the sound signature better :-/ So - maybe it's the rs-1's that are for me? Haven't been able to try them out though.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #149 of 211
Guys...the bad: my grandmother, undergoing routine cataract surgery, was found to have a dangerous blood clot behind the eye. After a CT scan to figure out the best way to get at it...radiology found a brain tumor. To say the last two weeks have been awful is to say the very least. My grandma is more of a mother to me than a grandma. Oh, and tomorrow is the last day of my fiscal year. I know more excuses, but I've had no life outside of the hospital or my lab for 2 weeks.

once things get smoothed out, I'll be back on here more regularly and I'll post this writeup as well as a couple of others.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #150 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys...the bad: my grandmother, undergoing routine cataract surgery, was found to have a dangerous blood clot behind the eye. After a CT scan to figure out the best way to get at it...radiology found a brain tumor. To say the last two weeks have been awful is to say the very least. My grandma is more of a mother to me than a grandma. Oh, and tomorrow is the last day of my fiscal year. I know more excuses, but I've had no life outside of the hospital or my lab for 2 weeks.

once things get smoothed out, I'll be back on here more regularly and I'll post this writeup as well as a couple of others.

Hope that she'd get well soon.

You can have as many excuse as you want. You're doing a favor for everyone else, and we took the liberty to have fun on the occasion.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back