Review: Grado Statement 1000
Mar 17, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #121 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations Zanth. Bump for the surprise.

Well, the surprise would have been a great one but it is not meant to be, at least not any time soon.

I called up Joseph Grado and conversed with him for a time and hoped that I might interview him as I did John. However, Joseph is very reluctant to give phone interviews and prefers to sit down with the person and have a time with it. Because of my location (1000 km's from him?) I won't be heading down to see him any time soon, although he was very kind and offered to have me over if I was ever in the neighbourhood. So my surprise is vaporware, sorry guys
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #122 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the surprise would have been a great one but it is not meant to be, at least not any time soon.

I called up Joseph Grado and conversed with him for a time and hoped that I might interview him as I did John. However, Joseph is very reluctant to give phone interviews and prefers to sit down with the person and have a time with it. Because of my location (1000 km's from him?) I won't be heading down to see him any time soon, although he was very kind and offered to have me over if I was ever in the neighbourhood. So my surprise is vaporware, sorry guys
frown.gif

Are we getting the 2nd part for your review?
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #123 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we getting the 2nd part for your review?
wink.gif

Yes for sure. You figure out how I can unload some of my work and I'll finish it up
biggrin.gif

Folks pm'd me with specific questions and desires wanting me to focus on RS-1's with flats then GS-1000's with flats and bowls etc. To make sure I have it right, I listened more to be more thorough, so my original notes have been extended and I have had to rewrite a few sections, but its almost there.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #124 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Folks pm'd me with specific questions and desires

Folks...you need to stop this. You're extending our agony by doing this.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #125 of 211
Quote:

Folks...you need to stop this. You're extending our agony by doing this.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #126 of 211
i say we fly zanth and Joe over to the national meet, put em in a binaural booth, and have at the interview -and we can release it as a podcast for our inaugural edition!

Mar 22, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #129 of 211
Quote:

Please let today be the day.

lol - I have owned the GS-1000 for months and still am waiting impatiently for the review. As if it is going to tell me something I don't already know
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #130 of 211
Yeah and it doesnt get better with all the bumping - upping the anticipation
smily_headphones1.gif

Went in to a local dealer on some cable business yesterday and to my big surprise they recently had gotten the GS-1000 in as a demo pair - yaaaeej! Tried it out on a x-can v3 with arcam cd player (think it was the cd-36). Allthough they sounded pretty good I wasn't THAT overwhelmed (the phones hadn't been burned in though). I tried the 325i's after and actually liked the sound signature better :-/ So - maybe it's the rs-1's that are for me? Haven't been able to try them out though.

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #132 of 211
so what's everyone here waiting for?

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #134 of 211
Quote:

We're in limbo for part II of Zanth's review.

um.... why? (i can feel the tension in here, it's like apple before a press conference).

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #135 of 211
Well...I really like Grado's, like Zanth, and I've found his impressions to be spot on in the past; therefore, I'm really looking forward to part II of this review because I've never heard the GS1000's and I feel as though I can get a rather good idea of how they sound by reading this.

The anticipation is high, as you can feel, because we've been eagerly waiting quite awhile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back