[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Feb 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #31 of 1,181

Quote:

If you go to the package deals on the online store, you can get the EMs and earplugs for $837.60.
http://www.mcssl.com/store/futuresonics/package-5

Also, I wanted to second how awesome FS customer service and David Gray are. I had some plugs from a few years pack from then and sadly my dog managed to get them off the counter. I waited a while to replace them and went ahead and got EM's at the same time. At this point, my molds were about 2.5 years old. If I recall correctly, FS recommends new molds if the ones in their archive are more than one year old. I had them go ahead and use the old ones and what EMs and plugs I got were way, way too big. I send FS an email and included some pictures of the new stuff next to the pieced together old plugs. David asked me do send in the new stuff to have it worked on. FS looked at everything, they determined it would be best to just start over and remake everything, so he asked if I could get new mold (but said they would try to figure something out if I couldn't). I did end up getting new molds, got my remade EMs and plugs a few weeks later, and have loved them ever since. They didn't ever try to blame me for using old molds and happily remade everything on their own dime. He even check back to make sure everything came out alright.

Now I'm tempted to upgrade to the MG6pros....

That's an excellent deal.

Thanks for posting and seconding the excellent customer service David Gray and Future Sonics provides.

The great thing is that you could get your old Ear Monitor upgraded to the MG6pro driver, new cables, all "tuned and tested" for $200. I bought mine already thinking of using that feature down the road. Now, I can save my money for a very nice portable amp.

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #32 of 1,181
Quote:
Very, very well written. You managed to write a very engaging piece without the use of unnecessary jargon or flowery language, ...

Quote:
Thanks, I think flowery language is a kind of disease on head-fi.

Flowery language is a common side effect of falling in love. Doesn't matter whether it's about a human being or a shiny piece of equipment. If you're not that type of guy, you won't understand.
ksc75smile.gif
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #33 of 1,181

Quote:

Flowery language is a common side effect of falling in love. Doesn't matter whether it's about a human being or a shiny piece of equipment. If you're not that type of guy, you won't understand.
ksc75smile.gif
wink.gif

I am a robot cat sent from the future to learn the meaning of purr.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 1,181
Cats are superior to birds on the food chain.  
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #38 of 1,181
Well, maybe not that bird.... 

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #39 of 1,181
Feb 21, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #41 of 1,181

Quote:
Damn, these or the upcoming UM dynamic/BA. 

Isn't that still a hypothetical, imaginary construct?  Kind of like asking if you should buy a Clydesdale or a Unicorn.  
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #42 of 1,181

Quote:
Isn't that still a hypothetical, imaginary construct?  Kind of like asking if you should buy a Clydesdale or a Unicorn.  
tongue_smile.gif

In my reality, UM will come out with their hybrids, I might just have to bend the time/space continuum.  And there is a chance Sergio will tune the EP-10 Plus (this year please) as I requested with more upper mid/treble detail and less mid-bass, not to mention add a detachable cable.  

Time is on my side as my wallet is much lighter as of late and I do have a set of cans that I think are exceptional as well as 3 customs (at the moment 
wink_face.gif
) and my favorite universal IEM.

And this is the world of high end audio.  How long has the 4 driver Jay taken?  How long did it take me to get the Pico Slim?  And the Studio?  Etc.  

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #43 of 1,181

Quote:
In my reality, UM will come out with their hybrids, I might just have to bend the time/space continuum.  And there is a chance Sergio will tune the EP-10 Plus (this year please) as I requested with more upper mid/treble detail and less mid-bass, not to mention add a detachable cable.  

Time is on my side as my wallet is much lighter as of late and I do have a set of cans that I think are exceptional as well as 3 customs (at the moment 
wink_face.gif
) and my favorite universal IEM.

And this is the world of high end audio.  How long has the 4 driver Jay taken?  How long did it take me to get the Pico Slim?  And the Studio?  Etc.  

Is this an episode of Sliders?  
etysmile.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #45 of 1,181
Moving right along, while the MG6pro do well out of an ipod, I think a portable amp is the next thing I'll plan to toss some money at.

I have an ibasso T3, could anyone suggest an upgrade that would match the MG6pro as I've described it? Would the Headstage Arrow be a good step up?
Extended above and below, detailed, clear and neutral would be great (and, if possible, noticeably better than the T3, which is already reasonably nice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back