[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Feb 17, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 1,181
Very nice review @ Kunlun. I may have missed it, but what is the price of these customs (not what you paid, but actual price)? Again, great job. Thanks.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #17 of 1,181
Subscribed, to say the least!! 

Nice job on the review. Perhaps it'll encourage some more people to take the plunge with these. It certainly helps twist my arm some. But I'd be torn between these, the Earsonics EM3 Pro, and the JH16. I suspect I'd lean toward these though since I just love that dynamic character, and I've also had great customer response with David Gray at FS. Please do update the thread with comparisons to the universal Atrio, as well as any other earphones/IEMs you have.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #18 of 1,181
I emailed David Gray@FS & about the possibility of demoing the MG6Pro. This was his reply:

[size=small][size=10pt]Hey Dale,[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Hope all is well & thanks for reachin out…[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]Unfortunately there is no way to demo the Custom mg6pro™ 13mm or mg5pro™ 10mm Ear Monitors®.[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]However, Future Sonics has built their empire (lol) around an Audio Signature based on Studio Quality Sound rather then offering 20+ different models to choose from.[/size][/size]
[size=small][size=10pt]With that said, the FS Atrio® Universal Fit Professional Earphone is able to give you a very good idea as to what the Future Sonics Audio Signature is like as well as what can be expected+ from the Ear Monitors® models. [/size][/size]

Feb 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #19 of 1,181
ph34r.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #20 of 1,181
Thomas Pridgen and The Mars Volta, eh?  I prefer Jon Theodore myself, but Pridgen ain't no slouch.  The Mars Volta is quite possibly my favorite band, and is my most scrobbled on last.fm...

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #21 of 1,181

Quote:
Very nice review @ Kunlun. I may have missed it, but what is the price of these customs (not what you paid, but actual price)? Again, great job. Thanks.

Oh, thanks, I edited the review to mention that in the disclaimer. It's $898.

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #22 of 1,181

Quote:
Subscribed, to say the least!! 

Nice job on the review. Perhaps it'll encourage some more people to take the plunge with these. It certainly helps twist my arm some. But I'd be torn between these, the Earsonics EM3 Pro, and the JH16. I suspect I'd lean toward these though since I just love that dynamic character, and I've also had great customer response with David Gray at FS. Please do update the thread with comparisons to the universal Atrio, as well as any other earphones/IEMs you have.

Thanks, I'll update with a comparison with the Atrios and mtpcs in the third post from the top (the review annex), probably over the weekend or so.

Feb 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #23 of 1,181
Great engaging review. I'm tempted to take the plunge with customs at some point this year and these have certainly peaked my interest (along with the ES5 and UE18). The way you describe their cohesiveness and timbre is a big attraction. I should really try and demo some FS's in the near future.

Other impressions of how these compare to top universals and customs you have heard would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #24 of 1,181
Hats off - a truly excellent review! One of the very best I've seen on HF. Very, very well written. You managed to write a very engaging piece without the use of unnecessary jargon or flowery language, yet you pretty much covered everything one would like to know, and more even - brilliant.

Hey, yes, I can clearly picture you as a "high-maintenance customer".  :)

BTW, thank you for including this disclaimer in your review: "I think it’s important to be open and up-front about the way one has received the product reviewed, so everyone can be clear about any underlying motives which might bias the review." You know how strongly I feel about this particular subject.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 1,181

Quote:
Hats off - a truly excellent review! One of the very best I've seen on HF. Very, very well written. You managed to write a very engaging piece without the use of unnecessary jargon or flowery language, yet you pretty much covered everything one would like to know, and more even - brilliant.

Hey, yes, I can clearly picture you as a "high-maintenance customer".  :)

BTW, thank you for including this disclaimer in your review: "I think it’s important to be open and up-front about the way one has received the product reviewed, so everyone can be clear about any underlying motives which might bias the review." You know how strongly I feel about this particular subject.

Thanks, I think flowery language is a kind of disease on head-fi.

Yes, I think we both agree that when people get a special deal on price or a sample demo that others can't receive--even more so when writing a positive review insures more free demos in the future--that this needs to be disclosed.

In terms of customer service, I think after a while, one can really see whether a company is customer-service oriented or whether it's just a show. 60+ emails in, there's no question that Future Sonics is there for its customers, even the annoying ones! I think your concerns about some companies that don't have a 25 year track record (yet) are valid, but we'll have to see! 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #27 of 1,181
Feb 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #28 of 1,181
*@7$%&@#!!!!! You're making me want a set of these customs even more.....  Excellent comparisons, and very very helpful. I'm quite familiar with the Coppers and MDs, and my impressions were just as you described them. Isn't it funny how something truly high end can take the sonic strengths of something like the Copper and make it sound a bit more unrefined than you're accustomed to?

Feb 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #29 of 1,181

Quote:
Oh, thanks, I edited the review to mention that in the disclaimer. It's $898.

If you go to the package deals on the online store, you can get the EMs and earplugs for $837.60.
http://www.mcssl.com/store/futuresonics/package-5

Also, I wanted to second how awesome FS customer service and David Gray are. I had some plugs from a few years pack from then and sadly my dog managed to get them off the counter. I waited a while to replace them and went ahead and got EM's at the same time. At this point, my molds were about 2.5 years old. If I recall correctly, FS recommends new molds if the ones in their archive are more than one year old. I had them go ahead and use the old ones and what EMs and plugs I got were way, way too big. I send FS an email and included some pictures of the new stuff next to the pieced together old plugs. David asked me do send in the new stuff to have it worked on. FS looked at everything, they determined it would be best to just start over and remake everything, so he asked if I could get new mold (but said they would try to figure something out if I couldn't). I did end up getting new molds, got my remade EMs and plugs a few weeks later, and have loved them ever since. They didn't ever try to blame me for using old molds and happily remade everything on their own dime. He even check back to make sure everything came out alright.

Now I'm tempted to upgrade to the MG6pros....

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #30 of 1,181

Quote:
*@7$%&@#!!!!! You're making me want a set of these customs even more.....  Excellent comparisons, and very very helpful. I'm quite familiar with the Coppers and MDs, and my impressions were just as you described them. Isn't it funny how something truly high end can take the sonic strengths of something like the Copper and make it sound a bit more unrefined than you're accustomed to?

etysmile.gif
, glad you liked the review annex. It was interesting to hear the differences, that's for sure! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back