Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #827 of 4,469

Quote:
You sir need to relax a little... There is a wait time on the iem's seeing as they need to be made by fischer audio and then be shipped out.

"Im glad you didnt get them either, they should goto someone who is worthy of waiting"

got the last stock of dba-02's from treoo singapore last night and i expect it to arrive faster
than the earbuds i bought from russia on the 11th of june. funny!

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #828 of 4,469

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #830 of 4,469
I kinda wish I still had mine to compare with the e-Q7 some more to see which one I would like more. My friend is really enjoying it and will hold onto it for a while I bet. Kinda ironic..when I got a pair of tips specifically to try on these they were no longer in my possession :p

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #831 of 4,469

Quote:
im glad i cancelled my dba-02 pre-order
also bought fa-990 earbuds from russian federation on the 11th of june and until now it hasn't arrived in my country
thats just crazy!
im just dismayed on the shipping

Well, think that i need to comment this situation.

Such long shipping time is exception. Usual shipping takes around two weeks. Sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit longer.
I dont like to wait for purchases for a long by myself, ok), really i would want to get them straight away after payment
dt880smile.png

But sometimes mail service do their work not so good. I would be glad to accelerate all that, but its not under my jurisdiction)

Quote:
Did somebody received the DBA-02 offered on the eBay? Is it only preorder?

At this time sell them for pre order only, because they are still in production at the moment.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #832 of 4,469

Quote:

Such long shipping time is exception. Usual shipping takes around two weeks. Sometimes a bit faster, sometimes a bit longer.
I dont like to wait for purchases for a long by myself, ok), really i would want to get them straight away after payment
dt880smile.png

But sometimes mail service do their work not so good. I would be glad to accelerate all that, but its not under my jurisdiction)

At this time sell them for pre order only, because they are still in production at the moment.

I hate to sort of go against your comment about the long wait being the exception however after talking to LFF and a few others that have experience with Fisher and their shipping the 2+ weeks to almost a month seems to be more of the norm. I myself am already on the 3rd week of waiting for my Eterna's and when I emailed the authorized ebay seller he basically said to just be more patient. I understand there isn't anything he can do once he ships them however I really think they should look into some other shipping service. I wouldn't mind paying $5 to $10 more for the iem's if I meant they were not in Russian mailing limbo with no way to track or figure out where they are for a month!

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #833 of 4,469
It's worth the wait if you want neutrality :) I waited a good amount but around 3-4 weeks of it was not the fault of the reseller but more Russian mail service which got sent back to Fischer Audio and then they had to reship back to the reseller.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #834 of 4,469
LFF, since you heard both Silver Bullet and DBA-02, what do you think about the clarity offered by Silver Bullet, especially on the treble part(like hi-hats, cymbals, etc). I'd like to know about the quantity of treble and bass that the SIlver Bullet offer compared to DBA-02. I'm interested to know because Fischer Audio distributor in Malaysia just received the stock of Silver Bullet and they are selling it for about $59-60, which is quite cheap.

Jul 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #835 of 4,469
I got my original DBAs from Marine Pilot via ebay and I can affirm his two week or so delivery time. That was my experience, almost two weeks to the day. He's a trustworthy ebayer, I believe. Now, can you you send me the first pair of DBAs you get in stock as a backup. Just kidding. I would buy again from this seller.

Quote:

dt880smile.png

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #836 of 4,469

Quote:
...after talking to LFF and a few others that have experience with Fisher and their shipping the 2+ weeks to almost a month seems to be more of the norm. ...I really think they should look into some other shipping service. I wouldn't mind paying $5 to $10 more for the iem's if I meant they were not in Russian mailing limbo with no way to track or figure out where they are for a month!

As far as i know one of two boxes with samples of DBA, 003, etc that was shipped to LFF and ClieOS have been returned by mail service for the some reasons and than shipped again. Maybe thats why it took such time.
---------
Regarding the timing of delivery, that my statements were not unfounded, under spoiler, I collected 15 tracking numbers of parcels that are sent to the U.S. for a short period of time, many of whom were delivered in less than two weeks. All of them can be checked via USPS.

RA152899445RU - 13

RA152899423RU - 15

RA144186346RU - 20

RA152913814RU - 11

RA152903613RU - 10

RA144121977RU - 19

RA152903600RU - 10

RA152914704RU - 14

RA152899445RU - 11

RA152899423RU - 15

RA144186346RU - 20

RA144121977RU - 10

RA144087900RU - 10

RA144087913RU - 10

RA131263469RU - 11

Yes, i have thought about adding expensive mail services in shipping, but they are much higher then $15-20 ($10 usual + $5-10), for example EMS to USA is $54, not saying about UPS, FedEx etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaters70 

I got my original DBAs from Marine Pilot via ebay and I can affirm his two week or so delivery time. That was my experience, almost two weeks to the day. He's a trustworthy ebayer, I believe. Now, can you you send me the first pair of DBAs you get in stock as a backup. Just kidding. I would buy again from this seller.

Thank you
smile.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #837 of 4,469

Quote:
Would you mind telling us how you got a pair from Treoo? Last I knew they sold out a long time ago. I'm amazed you actually got a pair, are you sure they aren't backordered? If not, they had to have been forgotten stock or something, because I thought Treoo sold out in a day. They only had 20 pcs, as did I.

Stocks were released slowly to my understanding.
10 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 on various dates

This was planned in accordance to get the stock by this time as promised by FA, so that the supply can be replenish by now.

Obviously that wasn't the case with FA delaying the production.
So it's safe to say that anyone who has and have the DBA, you're having a limited edition FA product so to speak.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #838 of 4,469
Marine Pilot,

I wasn't implying that were inaccurate as to your times or falsifying the dates, I was just stating that a few of us here including myself have experienced something quite different. The "norm" at least for the group I pm'd seemed to be different, that is all. Sorry if it came off like I was trying to say your lying about the shipping or something.

Also, I think something odd may be happening to mine as my tracking number has yet to show up on USPS, it still says the number doesn't exist and it's already on week 3 like I stated.

Both FedEx and DHL offer Flat Rate international shipping boxes as well that I think are significantly less than $54 and think they might only add a few dollars compared to what is currently used. Again I'm not positive on this although from my experience shipping with them using flat rate it was quite affordable.

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #839 of 4,469
The USPS "tracking" box is worthless. One day, haven't yet registered, the next day, they arrive. Trust me, seen it a dozen times, both as buyer and seller.

Sorry for your wait, of course. Problem is, many of FAs phones are low to middle priced, so shipping from Russia is tough. I don't l like paying 25 percent shipping for a product, which would be the case for many of these phones. I'll take delays for $10. Guess I got lucky, but Marine Pilot also has his log, and seems most of his stuff arrives around the two-week mark. Same with stuff I buy from ebay that comes from Hong Kong. Two weeks, like clockwork usually.

Jul 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #840 of 4,469

Users who are viewing this thread

Back