Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jul 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #841 of 4,469

Quote:
Stocks were released slowly to my understanding.
10 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 on various dates

This was planned in accordance to get the stock by this time as promised by FA, so that the supply can be replenish by now.

Obviously that wasn't the case with FA delaying the production.
So it's safe to say that anyone who has and have the DBA, you're having a limited edition FA product so to speak.

ah so the 20 limited dba's contain the leather case instead of rag case?

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #843 of 4,469

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #845 of 4,469
I don't think it really matters if it came with the leather case or the glorified cleaning cloth. It's the phones that matter and not the case although a nice case does help like one of those sound magic or UE cases (which is still the best I've ever had from a packaging). Or at least that's just me. I could care less if they came with the leather case or not. Unless it is similar to one of the very good iem cases I'll just use one of my spare cases in my desk drawer.

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #847 of 4,469
Treoo's stock is the same as my stock, plain case. We got ours at a similar time, I actually got mine first. If you really want protection you're better off with a hard case anyways.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #848 of 4,469
@ ethan961
i forgot if someone has already mention about this, how does it fare with your W2? most people say that the W2 are just the cut ver / light bass ver of W3 and sound more neutral.

Jul 5, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #849 of 4,469
Well, just overall? If you have any specific questions, if I don't know the answer, unfortunately I won't be able to get it to you since I sold the W2s a week ago (they weren't getting used at all).

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #850 of 4,469

Quote:

ah so the 20 limited dba's contain the leather case instead of rag case?

Cool! I guess I am one of those lucky 20!

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #851 of 4,469
anyone have a comparison between the dba-02 and the IE8's?

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #853 of 4,469
not looking anything in particular...just wanted an A to B comparison

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #854 of 4,469
Just as an update to my DBA posts, I just sold my Earsonics SM3s for two reasons: One is I plan on upgrading to customs and figured the money I received for them would be an excellent start. At the same time, after a lot of listening and back and forth comparing, I just find the DBA sound signature (neutral, clear, clean, detailed and balanced) to be preferable to the SM3s, which I somehow could not hear on the same level as many others who love that IEM. I am not an audiophile, just someone who favors a certain type of sound in my portable phones.

I am in no way being critical of the SM3s, because some of my best HF friends love them (and some other members like them too). But as LFF so clearly laid out in his initial review that launched this thread, I just must be a sucker for the DBA sound sig. And if and when Fischer ever decides to launch a BA triple, I will be the first in line. I just hope I have enough left over to pay for the customs I decide to buy (JH13, UM Mage, etc.).

I am not sure many DBA owners feel as strongly as I do about them, but I know LFF remains as steadfast as his first post about the FA BAs.

Anyway, FWIW, I have owned dozens of IEMs, and I am really convinced the DBA sound sig was what I have been searching for. Could they be improved? Sure, but overall, I love these phones. Just to compare, apart from the SM3s, I have owned the MTP Gold/Copper, TF10s, ER4P/S, IE7/8, CK10, FS Atrios, Westone W2, PFEs, W3 and UM3X, and dozens of others, including Denons and assorted under $100 phones.

Have I said before I had found the phones that would end my search, sure. Who hasn't? But at their price point, the DBAs are the first ones below $200 that have earned that spot,

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #855 of 4,469

Which customs you strongly considering slaters? I'm also seriously considering them due to my ears not liking basic silicon ear tips and I don't like the bass seal on Comply tips.

Can't wait to get my hands on a pair of DBA-02s. I want to do a comparison between them and my W2s... I'm sure the DBAs will blow them away, but I'm intrigued as to how...
Quote:
Just as an update to my DBA posts, I just sold my Earsonics SM3s for two reasons: One is I plan on upgrading to customs and figured the money I received for them would be an excellent start. At the same time, after a lot of listening and back and forth comparing, I just find the DBA sound signature (neutral, clear, clean, detailed and balanced) to be preferable to the SM3s, which I somehow could not hear on the same level as many others who love that IEM. I am not an audiophile, just someone who favors a certain type of sound in my portable phones.

I am in no way being critical of the SM3s, because some of my best HF friends love them (and some other members like them too). But as LFF so clearly laid out in his initial review that launched this thread, I just must be a sucker for the DBA sound sig. And if and when Fischer ever decides to launch a BA triple, I will be the first in line. I just hope I have enough left over to pay for the customs I decide to buy (JH13, UM Mage, etc.).

I am not sure many DBA owners feel as strongly as I do about them, but I know LFF remains as steadfast as his first post about the FA BAs.

Anyway, FWIW, I have owned dozens of IEMs, and I am really convinced the DBA sound sig was what I have been searching for. Could they be improved? Sure, but overall, I love these phones. Just to compare, apart from the SM3s, I have owned the MTP Gold/Copper, TF10s, ER4P/S, IE7/8, CK10, FS Atrios, Westone W2, PFEs, W3 and UM3X, and dozens of others, including Denons and assorted under $100 phones.

Have I said before I had found the phones that would end my search, sure. Who hasn't? But at their price point, the DBAs are the first ones below $200 that have earned that spot,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back