Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 24, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #91 of 4,469
@ClieOS: are you supposed to also get the cans or "just" IEMs?

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #92 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by helljudgement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@marcello Thanks for clarifying that for me and I am looking forward to your impression and please say it's bad and it isn't even remotely as good as the TF10
bigsmile_face.gif
! My wallet can't take the stress!

I will post my review, but I don't have any exp's with the best IEM's in the world, just with Cans(DT990PRO is my reference) and old tube guitar amps
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would believe LLF for now. Btw. my package is on the way till 13th, thanks to Volcano it was ground shipped to EU and it is in Moscow now. Such a mess
frown.gif

Btw. if it even compares to TF10, it's worth the money because of better fit

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #93 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ClieOS: are you supposed to also get the cans or "just" IEMs?

To be honest I have no idea which models I will be getting. They told me they would like me to review some of their new IEM as well as big cans, but they didn't include which models they are sending. I could ask them but I like to be surprised
wink.gif
- j/k, I generally will review whatever manufacturers send me so I didn't ask for detail.

Well I thought the package would have been here by today but it seems the post office has found ways to delay them (again
angry_face.gif
). I won't be home for the next week and a half so I guess the package (and impression) will have to wait till I come back from vacation.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #94 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I literally had to focus my attention back on testing the IEM’s only to find myself enjoying the music more and more as I clicked through dozens of the best tracks I have the privilege to own. I have heard many, many IEM’s and headphones and very few have caught my attention or given me an immediate smile. The last time that happened I was listening to JH-13’s. The next time was when I was listening to the DBA-02’s. While these are not to the level of JH-13’s, they are very, very high up. As far as universals go, I feel they are the very best I have listened to and they completely kill my Shure E500’s/E530’s and demolish the sound of the Triple-Fi’s.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

I'm not sure if the rest of you guys noticed that line, so I'm gonna ask that silly little annoying little niggling question at the back of my mind when I first saw that line:

Luis, How far off is the DBA-02 from the JH13?
biggrin.gif

I listened to the demo version of the JH13 and it was almost perfection.

The upgrade bug has been laid off since I got my ESW10JPN but with a review like this, coming from you my curiosity is piqued!

I recently listened to my brother's newly purchased Eterna and I was quite surprised. It's got quite a nice fun sound signature. It reminds me of my UM1 a little. Except that its more extended at the extremes than the UM1. And the Eterna has got quite a spacious soundstage, surprisingly.

FA is certainly a very interesting company. Great products, great prices, what's not to love. I'm looking forward to reviews on their full-sized cans as well. At the end of the day I still love how cans present music, and if their IEM offerings are supposed to be this good, I can only imagine how their cans are gonna be.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #95 of 4,469
How far? I really don't know what to say to that.

What impressed me the most about the JH-13's was their neutral, natural, warm and balanced sound signature. It's the exact same thing that impressed me about the DBA-02's.

I'll tell you this much...my UE-10's have been unused for days now and I don't even miss them. That has NEVER happened before.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #98 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How far? I really don't know what to say to that.

What impressed me the most about the JH-13's was their neutral, natural, warm and balanced sound signature. It's the exact same thing that impressed me about the DBA-02's.

I'll tell you this much...my UE-10's have been unused for days now and I don't even miss them. That has NEVER happened before.

Reading this puts a smile on my face!! I should have mine in the coming week or so.

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #99 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by josesol07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LFF, would you please comment on DBA-02 comfort?
I'm used to the extraordinary comfort of Klipsch X10, but won't mind loosing some comfort for SQ performance! thanks

Extremely comfortable. I can actually fall asleep in them and they don't bother me at all.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #100 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
43 ohms and only 108 dB SPL.

Do they require an amp? Relative to other IEM's 108dB SPL is definitley on the low side.

No. They don't require an amp but when they do scale up nicely when you add one. The better the equipment and source you have, the better the DBA-02 will sound.

Apr 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #101 of 4,469
ah crap. I'm as good as sold when they are back on ebay or in stock in stores unless it shows up in the FS threads
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #105 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered from Bugden Audio (backordered) but the owner (Ethan) was very prompt at answering all my concerns by email very quickly.

Hey @ search...since you haven't heard them, of course, what do you think these will give you that the Miles Davis or Copper or Orto hasn't? By the way buddy, did you order a FX700? I will have mine Monday. They're at the post office waiting to be delivered :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back