Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #77 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mhh I would love to hear about the cans... I think the DBA-02 would be too bass light for my taste (I think it compares to the RE0 from some comment I read - definitely not enough for my taste) but maybe the Eterna. Not like I actually need another IEM...

I won't think DBA-02 is without bass. RE0 is with quantity like er4 or pfe as I heard from forums, while DBA-02 is with bass quantity: Westone W2?eterna>dba02>>re0. take it with a grain of salt, my pair is on the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #78 of 4,469
DBA-02 is not bass light at all. It have no less bass than Shure 530 for example.

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #79 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DBA-02 is not bass light at all.

X 2!

There is bass and lot's of it actually. It's very accurate, deep and articulate. It's not over emphasized at all.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #80 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Weibby, I'm EricP and I was actually reading your review of the FA002 on another forum. It peeked my interest. Some will say we're not to talk about cans here, but since Fischer mainly concentrate on iems, I'm going to ask here anyway.

So when you say the FA002 is opposite of the HD650, are you saying it's better? How are the mids in the FA002? Are they recessed or very forward? Does the cans sound as veiled as most Sennhesier headphones tend to sound (well, they sound veiled to me, not that don't sound good)? And finally, have you heard the D2000 or D5000, and if so, how does the FA002 compare? Thanks for your input.

EricP

Senns HD650 sounded rather "clean cut" to me, it is as it is, nothing more or less. Great if you want to listen to music without adding anything in.
Bass was punchy but it didn't really extend as deep where you can feel your tonsil vibrate like the FA002.

FA products are made to musical enjoyment, and are catered to fun and fun only. I believe they can't be bothered to be "accurate" or "as natural as possible" as they don't have long established roots in the recording industry.

So I won't say its "better" or "worst", I've heard the D2000, HD595 too.
Its THE open cans for bass head but isn't as "sterile", you put them on and immediately start bopping your head.

Its either you love it or seriously hate it.. the kind where you will listen to only this or sell it away immediately away after you've opened the box.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #81 of 4,469
Okay, thanks for the response weibby, but unfortunately you still didn't give me a point of reference. For example, the D2000 were suppose to be for bassheads and have great mids - so I read before I purchased them. But after the purchase, I found the mids to be very recessed (unless you hooked it up with a good amp) and the bass was deep, but not as deep as I expected. So, I'm looking for a point of reference. Do they sound more like the D2000s or the HD650, or a Grado (well, you said they aren't that natural sounding or accurate, so Grado is probably out)? So that's the type of information I'm looking for. Are the mids recessed? For example, the Monster Miles Davis iem has very forward mids, yet it has deep bass that doesn't trounce on the mids. I'm looking for that type of detail regarding these. It's a given with any headphone that you will either love them or want to kick them far away from you. If you can give me a little bit more detail I would appreciate it. If not, I still thank you for your effort :) .

Apr 24, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #83 of 4,469
How's the cable on them? Are they the type that retains memory of how it was stored? It's a shame its a straight plug as I hate those but funny enough all my iem's worth mentioning are straight

These really are getting tempting. They sound very different than what I have in my possession right now.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #84 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
between the IE8 and DBA-002, which has a better bass?

It depends what you call better, quality or quantity.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #85 of 4,469
hmm, I think I shall wait for someone else to review the FA002.
Its very hard to describe it for me, because i can dare say its a very unique SQ - somewhat like a fetish in a sense.

It was the like when i heard FA's equilibrium, i was quite dumbfounded what I was listening too.. was quite turned off by it till i realize it was like listening to music drunk.

So its a different perspective on music presentation imho, can't quantify it by segregating the highs mids and lows, they work in harmony.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #87 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
between the IE8 and DBA-002, which has a better bass?

Quantity: IE8 have slightly more.
Quality: IE8 bass is BOOMY,bloated and less detailed but slightly deeper.

I would rate DBA-02 bass above IE8.

IMHO

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #88 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the cable on them? Are they the type that retains memory of how it was stored? It's a shame its a straight plug as I hate those but funny enough all my iem's worth mentioning are straight

Cable is a little thicker then Westone cable. And 1,5-2x softer. It is as soft as lace. No memory effect at all. At least new. I don't know how it will perform with time.

Plug body is very short.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #89 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by helljudgement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@weibby I'm quite interested in the DBA-02 so is it coming soon?

sorry to say this, but weibby is a "member of trade" and according The Rules he is not supposed to announce things about the products or speak about selling aspects.

So I will answer
smily_headphones1.gif
Those products were released except new Eterna, the problem is, they are not yet stock, check out your favourite reseller near you, this means google fischer audio site and check/ask resellers directly about avaibility. I bought it from one of sources, they are no longer there, but a batch is coming to another reseller in Canada, so hopefuly it will last between 2 weeks and a month.

Apr 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #90 of 4,469
@weibby I apologize for asking a question that put you in a difficult position .
@marcello Thanks for clarifying that for me and I am looking forward to your impression and please say it's bad and it isn't even remotely as good as the TF10
bigsmile_face.gif
! My wallet can't take the stress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back