Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Apr 23, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #61 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also extremely curious about those FA-002/3's full size cans.

FA-003 have one of the biggest soundstage I ever heard.
It is bigger than open headphones soundstage.
Well balanced pleasant sounding ,you can listen to hours and hours.
Not as detailed or agressive as Ultrasone. No darkness. No forward ,close or inside head sounding.
I think it is best with classical music.
It is very comfort. Big cans. Very very deep (guess one of the reason for huge sondstage). Rubber coated outer finish. Medium cans pressure.

If I listened to orchestra ,opera or something else that benefit from big space sound I definitely would buy it. FA-003 sound twiсe its price IMHO.

Apr 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #62 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FA-003 have one of the biggest soundstage I ever heard.
It is bigger than open headphones soundstage.
Well balanced pleasant sounding ,you can listen to hours and hours.
Not as detailed or agressive as Ultrasone. No darkness. No forward ,close or inside head sounding.
I think it is best with classical music.
It is very comfort. Big cans. Very very deep (guess one of the reason for huge sondstage). Rubber coated outer finish. Medium cans pressure.

If I listened to orchestra ,opera or something else that benefit from big space sound I definitely would buy it. FA-003 sound twiсe its price IMHO.

sorry to interupt this thread but have you tried Xears TM1PRO? i find them very good and would like to see a comparison between both. thanks!

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #63 of 4,469
Whitebear - Have you tried going balanced with the FA003?

I've used the FA002.

At first when i saw those huge cups, I thought to myself it was a useless feature.

In my mind, being in asia the humidity is crazy here, my ears are going to sweat.
But to my amazement those cups make the cans bigger than they really are.

Very unique soundstage, the bass is deep yet punchy but you don't get a boomy effect due to the open design..very natural roll off to the bass.

Compared to the HD650, its like a complete opposite.

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #64 of 4,469
Hello Weibby, I'm EricP and I was actually reading your review of the FA002 on another forum. It peeked my interest. Some will say we're not to talk about cans here, but since Fischer mainly concentrate on iems, I'm going to ask here anyway.

So when you say the FA002 is opposite of the HD650, are you saying it's better? How are the mids in the FA002? Are they recessed or very forward? Does the cans sound as veiled as most Sennhesier headphones tend to sound (well, they sound veiled to me, not that don't sound good)? And finally, have you heard the D2000 or D5000, and if so, how does the FA002 compare? Thanks for your input.

EricP

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #66 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another good reason to curse Head-Fi.

LOL @ KLS

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #67 of 4,469
eric: think it's time for you to buy some more iem's as your stock is running low
smily_headphones1.gif
When you don't like them in a month or so you have a buyer :p

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #68 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eric: think it's time for you to buy some more iem's as your stock is running low
smily_headphones1.gif
When you don't like them in a month or so you have a buyer :p

LOL @ rawrster...That's right, feed the demon lurking inside @ rawrster. Thanks a lot buddy. I will keep this in mind...Haha..

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #69 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to interupt this thread but have you tried Xears TM1PRO? i find them very good and would like to see a comparison between both. thanks!

No. I didn't.

Apr 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #71 of 4,469
:drool: I want these Fischers badly. When are they coming out?

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #72 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whitebear - Have you tried going balanced with the FA003?

I listened FA-003 in local Hi-Fi boutique. So no. I have not.

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #73 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too find DBA-02 bass very exciting. I am sure it will satisfy everyone.
It is big ,detailed and dense. And not boomy or soft.

Hi WhiteBear, can you please tell me how is the soundstage and isolation is like on the DBA-02 compare to your Westone 3 and IE 8 ? Also what is your opinion on them in regards to intruments separation and imaging ? Thanks in advance

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #74 of 4,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burma Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi WhiteBear, can you please tell me how is the soundstage and isolation is like on the DBA-02 compare to your Westone 3 and IE 8 ?

Soundstage: IE 8>>W3>=DBA-02 (W3 have more reverberation in its sound)

Isolation: W3>DBA-02>>IE 8 (DBA-02-shorter nose,thin rubber champignon tips)

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #75 of 4,469
Mhh I would love to hear about the cans... I think the DBA-02 would be too bass light for my taste (I think it compares to the RE0 from some comment I read - definitely not enough for my taste) but maybe the Eterna. Not like I actually need another IEM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back