Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Feb 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #4,400 of 4,469

Quote:
as far as i know they aren't released yet, so no photos
FA representative said on local forum that cable would be the same as in Oldskool'70 model, and overall sound signature could be a bit less bright due to different body size
Drivers and filters are the same

Hi.
What do you mean by filters?Where are there?(I have the MkI as well).
Theodore.

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #4,401 of 4,469
Quote:
What do you mean by filters?Where are there?(I have the MkI as well)

There is a porous filter placed in front of the BA unit inside the housings. You can't see it, but it's there. You can try to see it by shining a flashlight down the sound tube and see if you can catch a glimpse of the metal ring that houses the filters.

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #4,402 of 4,469

Quote:
There is a porous filter placed in front of the BA unit inside the housings. You can't see it, but it's there. You can try to see it by shining a flashlight down the sound tube and see if you can catch a glimpse of the metal ring that houses the filters.

Thx.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #4,403 of 4,469
@tomscy, how 'porous' is it? I noticed that the original filter has some tiny holes in it when I put it against the light. I can count something like 4 holes. BTW, the 3M micropore tape is doing a great job as replacement. Something we use in the Fostex thread
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4,404 of 4,469
Quote:
@tomscy, how 'porous' is it? I noticed that the original filter has some tiny holes in it when I put it against the light. I can count something like 4 holes. BTW, the 3M micropore tape is doing a great job as replacement. Something we use in the Fostex thread
biggrin.gif

Er, I didn't really check. I haven't taken it out since I last did a major cleanup of the sound tube a couple months ago. Interesting that Micropore works...

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4,406 of 4,469
Etymotic supposedly put a lot of thought into their green filters to get an accurate treble for their models. I have always wondered how it will sound with other BAs, but just haven't tested it, should fit any small nozzle BAs, just haven't tried. Been thinking about placing one on the heavily damped Klipsch X10. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #4,407 of 4,469
I'm pretty sure the outer diameter of the nozzle on the DBA is bigger than it is on the Etys.  Unless the wall of the nozzle on the DBA is thicker, I'd think Ety filters would be a bit loose in the nozzle.

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #4,408 of 4,469

Quote:
Etymotic supposedly put a lot of thought into their green filters to get an accurate treble for their models. I have always wondered how it will sound with other BAs, but just haven't tested it, should fit any small nozzle BAs, just haven't tried. Been thinking about placing one on the heavily damped Klipsch X10. 

I could be wrong but I thought the DBA tube was larger than the Ety/Klipsch type nozzles.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4,409 of 4,469
I think the tube may be thicker, but the diameter of the nozzle's opening is the same. Same applies to the X10, could be wrong here too though, I am going by memory. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #4,410 of 4,469
I used an angled neutrik plug. Pretty straight forward. Loving the quality of the new plug. Feels like a new IEM. Need to practice on my soldering skills though, Next time I will shoot at a recabling job :)

Quote:
I've replaced mine (broke the original through my own carelessness) using a straight Neutrik plug like this one. I used some wire insulation pulled over the DBA cable for the internal crimp and to act as the strain relief. Right angle is also available and doesn't require anything over the cable as strain relief. Both are relatively easy to solder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back