Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Feb 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #4,381 of 4,469
So you have never heard the first DBA-02?

Quote:
Got it in my ears now! Lovely sound. I wonder why I didn't go for this when it first came out. Reminds me very much of the CK10, though a little less bright if I'm to be sure, and a little more laid back. The square cables are a bugger for me and I'll have to find a cinch, but otherwise, love love love.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #4,384 of 4,469

Quote:
Any1 changed the connector on these, easy/hard done? My DBA-02 is working poorly because of a glitch in the connector

Should be the same as any other cable.

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #4,389 of 4,469
^Just think you are on the other side of the soundstage
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #4,390 of 4,469
Quote:
Only if you put the right driver in the left ear and vice versa

Seems to work pretty well the normal way...

I agree. I always like putting the cables over my ears, even when the IEM isn't designed for it. It really reduces microphonics. I don't know how bad the microphonics are with the DBAs with the cables straight down.

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #4,391 of 4,469
Quote:
I agree. I always like putting the cables over my ears, even when the IEM isn't designed for it. It really reduces microphonics. I don't know how bad the microphonics are with the DBAs with the cables straight down.

Me too; the DBA definitely has increased microphonics with it worn downwards, but I will sometimes wear it that way at my desk since I'm not moving around much.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4,392 of 4,469
Quote:
Any1 changed the connector on these, easy/hard done? My DBA-02 is working poorly because of a glitch in the connector

I've replaced mine (broke the original through my own carelessness) using a straight Neutrik plug like this one. I used some wire insulation pulled over the DBA cable for the internal crimp and to act as the strain relief. Right angle is also available and doesn't require anything over the cable as strain relief. Both are relatively easy to solder.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #4,394 of 4,469
You guys should hear the DBAs with the Tascam DR2D Portable Digital Recorder (~USD120). With the Tascam, the DBAs are taken into another level of sound. It's not treble forward anymore and the sound SO balanced with plenty of clean bass with more impact. The Tascam-DBA combo obliterates my FuzeRB3.10-DBA combo :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back