[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Apr 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #286 of 468
I agree I have the M6, trebles were non existent as the bass was too boomy.
Bleeds into the mids and highs, at times it was quite bad that I stop listening to it because all the details were lost.

Just a mash up of sound.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #288 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spud of Doom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anybody do a direct comparison of RE0 vs Eterna? Both of these IEMs have very promising reviews and I'm not entirely sure which way to go.

If you read the whole looong thread, you will realise, RE0 is about the accuracy and higher extension of highs and low on bass(something like cheap Ety) while Eterna is 110 percent dedicated to fun, not so accurate, but still clean and bass is like in car system, very enjoyable. About the accuracy, Eterna is not so accurate, but still better than other models in that price category.

fun&bass=eterna
analytical sound=RE0

also notice, RE0 sounds better with an amp, while Eterna is good as is.

Anyway, I just wanted to link to this thread about Fischer Audio, DBA-02 is discussed here and it is an interesting one.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...a-02-a-484569/

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #289 of 468
Yeah that's the impression I've gathered. Problem is, I don't know what an analytical sound is even like. Every hifi store I've seen in my country doesn't let you audition headphones. And I've never even seen any that stock any of; Shure, Audio Technica, BeyerDynamic, Grado, Etymotics, Koss, non low-end Sony, Ultrasone or basically any other brand.
We only have access to Sennheiser and UE. Skullcandy doesn't count.
</endrant>

Luckily, I recently moved to another town and there's an audio store here that stocks AKG and Denon and lets you audition. I guess what I'm getting at is what's a low-to-mid range AKG or Denon headphone with an "analytical" signature? I've been told Denon's aren't analytical at all, so I guess I need to hear something from AKG?

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #290 of 468
analytical signature means, that you hear more details, that you had never before, while warm sounding means some details are lost, but it could be more musical. You must hear it, get some experiences to know what I mean, sorry, buddy.

Try all the expensive phones what they have, it doesn't matter if Denon or AKG, AKG are in general more detailed, but I don't know the situation in lower models

I can see 2 problems in this testing before buying: normal stores doesn't even know the difference between sound of stock earbuds and better one. They just tell you that which are better. In higher priced models the situation is different. It's the taste of listener and some models need an amp to drive.

I was in a store where they had HD595 and some other headphone, but they played it from some ****ty CD player.

Second problem is in IEMs/hygiene: IEM is like a toothbrush, I won't let others to stick it in their ears
biggrin.gif
only if they change the tips
smily_headphones1.gif

in customs it counts twice, because it can fit only for one person.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #292 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcello /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try all the expensive phones what they have, it doesn't matter if Denon or AKG, AKG are in general more detailed, but I don't know the situation in lower models

I can see 2 problems in this testing before buying: normal stores doesn't even know the difference between sound of stock earbuds and better one. They just tell you that which are better. In higher priced models the situation is different. It's the taste of listener and some models need an amp to drive.

I was in a store where they had HD595 and some other headphone, but they played it from some ****ty CD player.

Second problem is in IEMs/hygiene: IEM is like a toothbrush, I won't let others to stick it in their ears
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

in customs it counts twice, because it can fit only for one person.

The local store here is actually really good. They've got AKG 702 and Denon D5000 I believe, and they can get the entire product range. Salesman is quite good as well so I might go and ask him for some demonstration later this week. They also run the demo units from sources well above what I can afford, so I should be able to get a good idea of what's going on. I've heard the D5000 before but have been told that Denon's signature is more warm and full-bass than analytical and neutral.

Apr 25, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #293 of 468
Those K702s are analytical. Try them.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #295 of 468
Quote:

analytical signature means, that you hear more details, that you had never before, while warm sounding means some details are lost, but it could be more musical. You must hear it, get some experiences to know what I mean, sorry, buddy.

I disagree slightly that warm=lost detail. What you are referring to is veiled IMO. You can definitely have a warm phone just as detailed as a cold one.

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #296 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so... there is some available webshop for eternas?

Google some, there are links from the main page of fischer audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree slightly that warm=lost detail. What you are referring to is veiled IMO. You can definitely have a warm phone just as detailed as a cold one.

You're right. W3 are warm, still detailed. warm/cold is not the same category like detailed/less detailed.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #298 of 468
Quote:

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Flawed comparison. Plaque off toothbrushes is bacteria. Earwax is not bacteria-based like plaque and tbh, the hygiene concerns over earwax is overemphasised. There's far more bacteria on your keyboard atm than there will ever be in your ears.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #299 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Veiled is very different tbh but yes, you can have a warm sounding headphone be just as detailed as a cold sounding one.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #300 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flawed comparison. Plaque off toothbrushes is bacteria. Earwax is not bacteria-based like plaque and tbh, the hygiene concerns over earwax is overemphasised. There's far more bacteria on your keyboard atm than there will ever be in your ears.

It's not about bacteria. Will you put in your ear an IEM that put 50 other people before you don't know without any cleaning? I won't. Maybe it's just me, but it's disgusting.
smily_headphones1.gif
Why otherwise shops don't provide option to try IEMs? I don't know one place near me, that does that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back