[REVIEW] Fischer Audio - From Russia, with love.
Apr 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #257 of 468
try all the tips you have and enjoy your music, not just the earphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #258 of 468
I can't explain my problem very well as it seems to be an asymmetry with my two ears meaning I can seal with one but not the other. I'm using Sony Hybrids as I found the included tips to be far too flimsy.

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #260 of 468
i might actually jump on these, i've been itching for an upgrade for quite some time. been considering the CK10, Westone 2, UM3X, e-Q7.

ethan have you listened to any of these before? any comparisons between these and the DBA-02? really looking forward to your impressions!

also, you said it clearly beats the Westone 2. do you think it's the novelty effect in play? or is there a clear and obvious improvement?

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #261 of 468
@bcpk: I get pretty much the same thing with most iem's that require a deeper fit or use multiple flanges. My right is an easy fit but the left ear requires many tries to get a decent fit.

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #262 of 468
Nice, lets hear it for the big cans
smily_headphones1.gif

As for the DBA-02, I think I read on a Google Translated Russian page that there are 3 drivers but two are working in pair. The name very much hints to it being a double balanced armature setup
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #263 of 468
This thread is getting to be extremely poisonous for my wallet, looking to get an Eterna as a backup pair and more isolation, currently have a Senn IE8 now.

I'm also eagerly awaiting a ClieOS review of the DBA-02 and the FA-002/003.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #264 of 468
It's kinda amusing. Once I decided that I shouldn't buy any more universal iem's and wanna save up for customs lots of things been coming out and catching my eye :p The FX700, the hopefully coming soon xjays and this new product here seems to be doing well but I'll wait for the review by ClieOS on this one
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #265 of 468
Hi guys,
first post in this extraordinarily informative forum. Congratulations!!
I have been considering Westone 2 and CK10 as upgrades to my Klipsch X10 (only IEM I own!!), and now I come across this interesting review about Fischer DBA-02, which sells at a great price!! As I have no meanings to try any of the units mentioned above before purchase, I'd appreciate any input regarding fit and comfort on W2 and DBA-02. I love X10 form factor and get perfect fit and comfort with size double flange gel from X10.
I'd love to have more detailed mids, and more extended and pronounced highs while retaining X10 bass.
If this helps, I listen mostly to rock and jazz music
thanks in advance
Jose

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #266 of 468
This thread has gotten out of control with Members of the Trade not following head-fi terms of use. I apologize if some useful information was deleted, but if the rules continue to be violated by those who are in business with fischer, this thread will be deleted altogether.

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #267 of 468
My apologies for all the inconvenience.
I've decided to leave Head-Fi as a poster, partly as to eliminate all possibility of trouble and partly because I liked discussion about IEMs in general, which I should have not been partaking in according to MOT regulations.
I will continue to read ClieOS's threads, but I will not be posting again. If you must ask a question, means other than here will have to be used.
Again, I apologize to everyone for the trouble.

Ethan

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #268 of 468
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My apologies for all the inconvenience.
I've decided to leave Head-Fi as a poster, partly as to eliminate all possibility of trouble and partly because I liked discussion about IEMs in general, which I should have not been partaking in according to MOT regulations.
I will continue to read ClieOS's threads, but I will not be posting again. If you must ask a question, means other than here will have to be used.
Again, I apologize to everyone for the trouble.

Ethan

You'll be missed. I really enjoyed your comments.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #269 of 468
just important info from what was deleted and does not violate ToS:
  1. DBA-02 has really 2 balanced armatures, not three as was mentioned in translated content
  2. Eterna will be upgraded in few weeks.
  3. DBA-02 was reviewed by Ethan and weibby
  4. FA headphones were sent to ClieOS too for review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back