REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2,011 of 2,116
The foam that sits in between the driver ports and your ears make no sound difference with a coin sized hole cut out or not. I removed mine and have a piece of black clothe in between it just to keep dust, hair dandruff out of the drivers.

May 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #2,012 of 2,116
Yep that's what I suspected. Anyway I was asking more as an indication for comfort.

May 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2,016 of 2,116
Quote:
Where are you guys finding these online? The only places that seems to have them are in Australia and don't ship internationally.

Thanks

Yes, we ship a selection of brands internationally, including Fischer Audio.  Send us an email via our website and we'll reply with your shipping options.

Regards,
Billy

May 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #2,018 of 2,116
Quote:
Hey Billy,

Hoping you are well mate. Was wondering if the special editions are in store yet? If so please let me know when demo time is available.

As always wishing you well,

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

They're still in manufacturing, but I believe they're close!

Billy
regular_smile .gif

May 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #2,019 of 2,116
I bought my FA-011 from a member here because of the glowing review from LFF. "Grados with bass" would be my ideal headphone. Mine came with new leather pads for hifiman, i installed them immediately and started listening to these fa-011. I was pretty disappointed. awesome deep bass, but they lacked the brightness i was expecting. I bought another pair of headphones to replace them, but i still was determined to figure out how everyone was so happy with the fischers if they sounded like this. I opened them up and checked the solder, 163ohm for both... i was about to give up, but continued to listen to them. I took the palms of my hands and covered the cans and slightly applied pressure. This did two things, created a seal around my ear and moved the driver closer. Vocals immediately brighten right up! Then i took the hifiman leather pads off and put the original pads back on and they sound sooo much better. I cant say i like them more then my new denon ah-d600 or that they are as bright as my grados -- but i can say... had i known this to begin with I would of never bought the denons. My advice is be careful with mods, it doesnt always improve the sound :)

May 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,020 of 2,116
I concur buttons252.  I've had my FA-011's for a while, and they are my favorite phones.  I just tried both the hifiman velours and pleather pads.  The pleather pads just made them sound so very weird (muddy, veiled, ... just weird).  But, I like the velours.  Barely a difference in sound, and more comfortable for me.

I do find them brighter than my Grados, but much less mid-centric.  I use a 75-ohm impedance adaptor to tame the highs just a bit.  It may be because I listen to mostly metal though.  Oh, and mine are the original dark red wood with the coiled cable.  Although I've been drooling over the new look...

May 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2,021 of 2,116
Im using an Fiio E10 with the bass boost set to on with certain songs... what can i say i like to feel my bass :) im still blown away how much difference the pads made to sound quality... I am enjoying them quite a lot, maybe later today ill recompare them to my other two, pretty sure ill like them more then the grado sr80s now.

May 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,022 of 2,116
I concur buttons252.  I've had my FA-011's for a while, and they are my favorite phones.  I just tried both the hifiman velours and pleather pads.  The pleather pads just made them sound so very weird (muddy, veiled, ... just weird).  But, I like the velours.  Barely a difference in sound, and more comfortable for me.

I do find them brighter than my Grados, but much less mid-centric.  I use a 75-ohm impedance adaptor to tame the highs just a bit.  It may be because I listen to mostly metal though.  Oh, and mine are the original dark red wood with the coiled cable.  Although I've been drooling over the new look...

Impedance adapter???

May 10, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2,023 of 2,116
I can't listen to my FA-011 anymore without an impedance adapter. I have bought 3 off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271187691903

It takes the edge off the highs. My ears are sensitive to excessive (IMO) highs. BTW I have the original dark red ones with the coiled cable.

May 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,025 of 2,116
I bought this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/290372905689  Same thing though.  I tried a 75ohm and a 120ohm.  The 120ohm was too much.

I like sparkly highs, but there's just a touch too much on these FA-011's for me.  I can listen to them w/o the adapter, but I prefer not to.

I can't listen to my FA-011 anymore without an impedance adapter. I have bought 3 off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271187691903

It takes the edge off the highs. My ears are sensitive to excessive (IMO) highs. BTW I have the original dark red ones with the coiled cable.

Hmm... And why this instead of EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back