REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #1,831 of 2,116
Quote:
I ordered a pair on the the 7th of August and they have yet to arrive. I had emailed Dimitry saying I was considering cancelling the order and what do you know the status was almost instantly changed to shipped. I sent him a few emails trying to get the tracking number over the last 3 weeks but never got a response. He left me no choice but to dispute the transaction with Paypal 
redface.gif
 I was really looking forward to getting these!

I am also  Dimitri Trush, ( from Musica acoustics).  Sorry to hear about your negative experience with a Shop handling Fischer Audio products.
We are offering Fischer Audio products  to our USA customers with speedy service as we are authorized sole Distributors of Fischer Audio in USA.
If you are in the USA, you may also visit us at Canjam Show at RMAF this coming October 12-14
You will have a chance to audition our top models of  headphones on the spot as well as save on shipping and much more at CANJAM.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #1,832 of 2,116
Quote:
I ordered a pair on the the 7th of August and they have yet to arrive. I had emailed Dimitry saying I was considering cancelling the order and what do you know the status was almost instantly changed to shipped. I sent him a few emails trying to get the tracking number over the last 3 weeks but never got a response. He left me no choice but to dispute the transaction with Paypal 
redface.gif
 I was really looking forward to getting these!

Argh... I don't like this. I have not got any response or information so far. I ordered mine a month after you so I think I'll have to give it a little more time before contacting Paypal.

I was also really looking forward to try these
mad.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,833 of 2,116
I am really interested in these as well. I have the DBA MKII and love them.

With what I've been reading here this one seems worth the jump because I was searching for bass-heavier headphones.

Only wondering if these would go well with my Leckerton UHA-4. (OPA-209)

I can drive an HD650 with volumes maxed out but I hope it will be a good match?

Did anyone ever try these with UHA-4?

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #1,834 of 2,116
Mine was marked as shipped today, I'm really curious if that's true. Guess I'll just have to wait and see,,,,,,

Hopefully it's a step in the right direction.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,835 of 2,116
Quote:
Mine was marked as shipped today, I'm really curious if that's true. Guess I'll just have to wait and see,,,,,,

Hopefully it's a step in the right direction.

Did you receive a tracking number? I just want to give an update, after filing a claim with Paypal and contacting Fischer directly they were able to get a response from him which consisted of only a tracking number. I was told the headphones had shipped over 3 weeks ago but Dimitri lied and would not provide me with a tracking number. Over 6 weeks later here I am....finally have a working tracking number and confirmation they are on the way 
cool.gif
 I will believe it when they are delivered. Tracking number says they were shipped yesterday. That is by no means a customs issue it took him a legitimate 6 weeks to even attempt to ship.

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #1,837 of 2,116
Did you receive a tracking number? I just want to give an update, after filing a claim with Paypal and contacting Fischer directly they were able to get a response from him which consisted of only a tracking number. I was told the headphones had shipped over 3 weeks ago but Dimitri lied and would not provide me with a tracking number. Over 6 weeks later here I am....finally have a working tracking number and confirmation they are on the way :cool:  I will believe it when they are delivered. Tracking number says they were shipped yesterday. That is by no means a customs issue it took him a legitimate 6 weeks to even attempt to ship.

No, no tracking number for me yet. As far as I can see from others far from all has got any tracking number but still got their phones in the end.

My guess (and hope) is that since everybody else has been out of stock that has been the case with gd audiobase as well. I saw on the site from the japanese reseller that they're expeting new stock this week so hopefully fa has made a new batch.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,838 of 2,116
Quote:
Also does anyone have these paired with a fiio e17? I know it is not going to be able to power them to their full potential but am interested to hear peoples opinions. 

My gf used a e10 to power them, and there is more than enough volume. I find them a bit sibilant but others seem to disagree with me here... so I'll stop here xD

Then 'we' invested in a EF2 hybrid amp, and to my ears it is a lot better. Smoother, more midrange. However 1. mine are not stock tubes, and 2. DefQon seemed to really disagree with me haha, he said it killed the highs. Great kill imo, it deserved it.

And then one day I stole her FA011 back home with me, plugged it into my DV336 and then we are singing. Very nice can, scales up reasonable well, but use the e17 when you already have it. Imo it is not worth purchasing another ~$200 amp just to power them, but you do get a bit of improvement by amping them like nuts.

This might make it more clear, different to other very amp depending headphones e.g. the hd6x0, beyers etc, these do not show THAT BIG of an improvenment, and the sound is still not in such league. For its running price, your e17 will be more than sufficient for the fa011 to form a price/performance striking combo.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,839 of 2,116
Quote:
No, no tracking number for me yet. As far as I can see from others far from all has got any tracking number but still got their phones in the end.
My guess (and hope) is that since everybody else has been out of stock that has been the case with gd audiobase as well. I saw on the site from the japanese reseller that they're expeting new stock this week so hopefully fa has made a new batch.

I contacted Musicaacoustics,  I was told the Fa011 are in very short supply. They literally have few units left  from the new batch that is scheduled to land by end of this month , rest all pre-ordered/sold
Next stock will be available for pre-order in December only.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,840 of 2,116
I'm going to order these at gd audio base.
A lot cheaper but I've read people had to wait a long time to get them when living in the Far West
but previous posts claim that Europeans got them faster.
And when you purchase something on their site for the first time you get 5% discount.
I've bought at MusicaAcoustics before and was happy with their service but they do seem a bit overpriced there.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #1,841 of 2,116
Quote:
I'm going to order these at gd audio base.
A lot cheaper but I've read people had to wait a long time to get them when living in the Far West
but previous posts claim that Europeans got them faster.
And when you purchase something on their site for the first time you get 5% discount.
I've bought at MusicaAcoustics before and was happy with their service but they do seem a bit overpriced there.

I placed my order on September 5'th, they were marked as shipped about a week ago and I got the tracking number yesterday. I have no idea when I will get the phones but I took a chance because of the low price and as long as I eventually get them I will be happy. 

I'm pretty sure that gd audiobase have them in stock now since ite seams as more then me has got theirs shipped in tha last week.

If you can live with total lack of response on e-mails and the risk of long deilvery time go for it:)

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #1,842 of 2,116
According to the tracking mine is custom cleared out of Russia.

I'm actually starting to belive that I will receive these in the end
dt880smile.png

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #1,845 of 2,116
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back