REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Feb 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #1,561 of 2,116

Got them for my girlfriend. Love the wood, but I like my D2000 more.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #1,563 of 2,116
How to remove the stains on the golden badge?

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #1,565 of 2,116

Quote:
the plates are super rusted and dirty -__-. and my pads are all messed up
if i contact them will they give  me better ones?

Comments like this are a turn off. It seems the quality control for the FA-011's are terrible. Some people will receive theirs in a decent condition, other will have theirs smelling of smoke with dirty plates. Is there an alternative to this headphone? 

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #1,567 of 2,116
Don't worry about bad headphones if you're buying through Frogbeats - I'm sure they would swap the headphones with minimal fuss.

The only thing 'wrong' with my headphones was the gold plates were dirty - I'm not sure if the plates are engraved or printed but I went at it with some 'Brasso' metal polish and they came up a treat - the lettering detail has faded slightly but it's well worth it to get the plates cleaned up.

I quite like the hit and miss with these headphones (I know, easy for me to say as I seem to have been lucky) but they are hand made after all. But yes, they do need to sort out a quality control department. Have you guys read the card wrap around!? Hilarious translation!

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #1,569 of 2,116

Quote:
Hey Cajunky, thanks for that, do your ears touch the plastic inside? Did it change the sound characteristics at all?

I might give it a go if stuffing the pads fails :)

Gonna give the cans a good stretching session over some PC game cases I think :)

EDIT: Gave the headband a good 'over extension' and it appears to have loosened the clamping force enough to deem it somewhat comfortable :D, also I used some spare bandage to pack out under the padding towards the rear of the cup, the results are pretty good, still a slight bit of contact with my ear - but it is no longer forcing it back into my head so there is no pain involved :D.

ALSO, this could be my imagination, but it appears that the sound stage has improved slightly, as the drivers are now tilted at a small angle towards my ears as a result of the extra padding towards the back. The bass also seems to have lost a tinsy bit of impact - but for me, who listens to mostly post rock and prog rock - is a welcome change :)

The bass doss become little muddy when you pack under the padding. Removing the foam inside does affect the SQ. That'll bring up the mids more.
Again, the sound stage improves if you position your headphone so that the drivers don't directly point your eardrum.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #1,571 of 2,116
Might head to Bunnings for some help :) thanks!

Quote:
Don't worry about bad headphones if you're buying through Frogbeats - I'm sure they would swap the headphones with minimal fuss.

The only thing 'wrong' with my headphones was the gold plates were dirty - I'm not sure if the plates are engraved or printed but I went at it with some 'Brasso' metal polish and they came up a treat - the lettering detail has faded slightly but it's well worth it to get the plates cleaned up.

I quite like the hit and miss with these headphones (I know, easy for me to say as I seem to have been lucky) but they are hand made after all. But yes, they do need to sort out a quality control department. Have you guys read the card wrap around!? Hilarious translation!

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #1,572 of 2,116
Received them. It doesn't sound as good as members are writing here. My triples sound better to me. I guess that's because I don't have a normal amp ( only E5) and cheap soundcard. Would it be better to go for Asus Xonar STX or for Fiio e10?

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #1,573 of 2,116
^ No, not really.  My J3 does not power it well and its no slouch in driving potential, on 35/40 volume its just in the realm of normal listening and lacks staging qualities, it needs an amp which I am not happy about.  The E10 is not that well suited for its sound qualities, its stage is limiting it and makes it sound really off and boxed, and odd sound.  A better amp is needed not only for stage qualities but also driving power.  I do not think the E10 is nearly powerful enough for it which is why I listed my FA011 for sale.  Also, my Livewire duals make it sound muffled as will any great iem $250+ so I feel you on that, but that doesnt make them a bad value, despite that, they remain one of the best if not THE BEST sub $200 headphones on earth.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back