REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Dec 26, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #1,396 of 2,116

Quote:
I also had a good morning, as I got a shipping number from Dmitri! Hoping to have these bad boys here in the next couple weeks. I've been looking into amps to drive them so I can have it ready when they arrive. Glad to hear you got yours, JC. Some people were mentioning theirs came with a case in addition to the headphones themselves, did your's have one too?

Yes, mine did come with a case, not a hard case but it has foam inside. What I plan on doing is taking the main foam out and just store the headphones in the case while I'm not using them (protect from dust). The case is actually quite big but the way the foam is makes the headphones have a snugg fit.

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #1,397 of 2,116
Have another question for anyone who received theirs recently. Looking around online frog beats now has them listed, which they didn't about a week ago. However their image now has black wood, no longer the bright red that LFF had in his original post. Those that ordered from Dmitri, have you received e old one with the red cups and the coiled cable or is it the redesign with the black and straight cable?

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #1,399 of 2,116

Quote:
Have another question for anyone who received theirs recently. Looking around online frog beats now has them listed, which they didn't about a week ago. However their image now has black wood, no longer the bright red that LFF had in his original post. Those that ordered from Dmitri, have you received e old one with the red cups and the coiled cable or is it the redesign with the black and straight cable?

Got mine in black, straight cable

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #1,400 of 2,116
Ya same here but mine came with scuffs..Lovely. I suppose I can try using some shoe polish or something to lessen the few scuffs I have on them. I wonder if Russian customs take these headphones out and let their workers use them for a week or two before sending them to the States. I read of a few instances of peoples headphones not looking quite new.. This is the first time I have ever bought a new phone that came with scuffs. Oh well it works and that is all that matters. I have to admit I was looking forward to the red wood cups too.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #1,401 of 2,116
Hey, 

I'm thinking about getting these sometime in the next few months when I have enough money and I'm just wondering how these compare to something such as the Ultrasone DJ1's or the FA-003 when listening to electronica with sub bass aplenty? At the moment, my main worry is the shipping.

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #1,402 of 2,116
Double post whoops

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #1,403 of 2,116

Quote:
I have to admit I was looking forward to the red wood cups too.

Yeah, so was I :/ the black does look nice though...

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #1,404 of 2,116
It's not quite black.  It's a very, very dark red.  If you put it in the right light, the color shows up.

Scottie584: I can't tell you for sure, but I suspect that the FA-011 will have more subbass than the FA-003 at least.  I don't really know anything about the Ultrasones.

AxelCloris: The Fiio E10 has great synergy with the FA-011 if you're looking for a DAC/amp combo.  I think a few others have been mentioned here as well.

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #1,405 of 2,116
Well, to put it nicely I'm rather fed up with waiting. Two months and a week and still not a single reply. Out of every post concerning gd-audiobase I don't think I saw one that mentioned shipping times ever being this long (complete order time yes, but not just shipping time; my order "shipped" on Oct 21).

Could anyone give me any advice on what I could start doing in terms of either making sure I actually get my headphones or just cancelling my order? These were going to be my first hifi cans, and that being the case I have really no idea what to do when suppliers offer this ****ty of customer service.

I've written gd audio base quite a few times, I've contacted Fischer Audio and they haven't done much except give me nice words of concerned interest. I just posted on their facebook wall so maybe I'll get a new person's input there sometime.

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,407 of 2,116

Quote:
Wait, that headband looks familiar...

eek.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #1,408 of 2,116
You can also go through moneybookers. I remember reading somewhere before that one of the posters here went through them. They contacted Dmitri for the head-fier's account and since he didn't respond to them they refunded the sale. That may be your best bet since both Dmirti and Fischer aren't really getting you anywhere. :frowning2:

Quote:
Well, to put it nicely I'm rather fed up with waiting. Two months and a week and still not a single reply. Out of every post concerning gd-audiobase I don't think I saw one that mentioned shipping times ever being this long (complete order time yes, but not just shipping time; my order "shipped" on Oct 21).

Could anyone give me any advice on what I could start doing in terms of either making sure I actually get my headphones or just cancelling my order? These were going to be my first hifi cans, and that being the case I have really no idea what to do when suppliers offer this ****ty of customer service.

I've written gd audio base quite a few times, I've contacted Fischer Audio and they haven't done much except give me nice words of concerned interest. I just posted on their facebook wall so maybe I'll get a new person's input there sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back