REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Dec 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #1,339 of 2,116

Quote:
They will come, mine took every bit of 7 weeks, 30-40 E-mails, and no tracking number......but I got them.

Lol:)

I'd rather pay 20 euros more for a Fast shipping and tracking.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #1,340 of 2,116

Quote:
People who have recently received their pair: do the new models lack the coiled cord and is the stain much darker than the original colors (I'm referencing everybody who got their pairs around May of 2011) ?
Are people seeing alot of damage on their cans after their journey from Russia?

I ordered mine from Frogbeats, so I don't know if there is any difference between the stock they get vs. GD-Audiobase, but mine came with a very short straight cable  (~3 ft) and no cable extension.  David at Frogbeats told me that they've been trying to convince Fischer to include the cable extension in their next shipment.  It was shipped in the same style soft case as the FA-003, with lots of padding and no rub points, though there was some damage to the sides of the pads.  I think that came from the factory though.  They also didn't include a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, though Frogbeats threw one in for free.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,341 of 2,116
Hey all,
Been looking into trying to get a pair of these without dealing with gd audiobase.  I got in contact with a representative from iDews.com
http://www.idews.com.my/ a distributor for Fischer Audio.  This is the e-mail I received from them.

My name is William and I will gladly assist you. We do ship international. The FA-011 will he at USD120 and Pos Malaysia Air Parcel is USD20. Alternatively, EMS can be arranged at USD55. Payment via Paypal or foreign TT.
Thanks,
William

This looks like a decent alternative to gd audiobase for anyone interested.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #1,342 of 2,116

Quote:
Man. Finally finished reading 89 pages of his thread...

These cans really caught my attention after reading the initial review, but some of the posts in this thread are making me a bit skeptical.

People who have recently received their pair: do the new models lack the coiled cord and is the stain much darker than the original colors (I'm referencing everybody who got their pairs around May of 2011) ?
Are people seeing alot of damage on their cans after their journey from Russia?

Also this whole GDAudioBase drama is putting me off...

I ordered from GD-Audiobase in september 2011. My observations/experiences:

1. I got the package all crumbled up. There was NO padding or foam. It was simply the headphone in a cardboard box. Due to this, the earpads were torn (refer to my earlier post for pics) and the wood a bit scratched. even underwear comes better packed.
2. The cable is not coled, its a straight 2ft or so cable with a 2m or so extension cable. The cable is of a slightly hard rubber which doesnt bend that freely and stays a bit rigid. I also got a 1/4 adapter.
3. The wood is very dark, but its not to the point where you mistake it for plastic.
4. Overall, its not that 'visually stunning to behold' as the reviewer would have us believe.
5. After a month of mails in various directions,  Dmitry has given me a 30% refund and new earpads (which reached me surprisingly quickly: shipped on 27th Nov, got it in 2 weeks).

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,343 of 2,116
You know...... I actually am really starting to like the FA-011s. At first I was unimpressed, I don't know if it is burn-in or just my ears adapting to them but  I am enjoying these. They have a great sound-stage and a rich sound. The bass is meh but not as artificial as some of my other cans. They sound great for gaming and/or movies. But I still hate the pads, I have tried cotton balls and ethernet cable in them to no avail. Any suggestions for a leather or velor pad that fits?

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #1,344 of 2,116
Just received fa-011 after 6 weeks of waiting.  Some bad first impressions.  The finish on the wood is uneven and looks poorly done.  The gold metal parts on the side of the ear cups are messed up/scratched/tarnished.  The ear pads are torn.  

I haven't burned the headphones in yet, and out of the box there is some horrible sibilance.  I will update on how the sound changes, and or how I adjust to the sound of  these headphones.  

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #1,345 of 2,116

Quote:
Just received fa-011 after 6 weeks of waiting.  Some bad first impressions.  The finish on the wood is uneven and looks poorly done.  The gold metal parts on the side of the ear cups are messed up/scratched/tarnished.  The ear pads are torn.  

I haven't burned the headphones in yet, and out of the box there is some horrible sibilance.  I will update on how the sound changes, and or how I adjust to the sound of  these headphones.  

What amp are you using on them?

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #1,347 of 2,116
Quote:
I ordered from GD-Audiobase in september 2011. My observations/experiences:

1. I got the package all crumbled up. There was NO padding or foam. It was simply the headphone in a cardboard box. Due to this, the earpads were torn (refer to my earlier post for pics) and the wood a bit scratched. even underwear comes better packed.
2. The cable is not coled, its a straight 2ft or so cable with a 2m or so extension cable. The cable is of a slightly hard rubber which doesnt bend that freely and stays a bit rigid. I also got a 1/4 adapter.
3. The wood is very dark, but its not to the point where you mistake it for plastic.
4. Overall, its not that 'visually stunning to behold' as the reviewer would have us believe.
5. After a month of mails in various directions,  Dmitry has given me a 30% refund and new earpads (which reached me surprisingly quickly: shipped on 27th Nov, got it in 2 weeks).

Ah, I've seen your posts with pictures on earlier pages, I'm sorry for the condition they arrived in for you. 30% rebate is nice though!

I recently contacted Frogbeats about their FA-011's. According to David, they're putting the last blocks in place before having the FA-011 in stock again (delayed because of shipping restrictions from Russia).

When Frogbeats gets them back in stock I think I'll order from them...

At a couple extra dollars more than GD I think Frogbeats would be more considerate when it comes to shipping times, packaging and customer service. I really hope Fischer Audio isn't slacking on quality due to the assumed rise in orders...(these bad impressions are scaring me, they sound nothing like the quality LFF got)

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #1,348 of 2,116
I honestly think the majority of the problem is the post system in russia.  Though Dmitry not replying past 3 days is unacceptable behavior as well.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #1,349 of 2,116

Quote:
I honestly think the majority of the problem is the post system in russia.  Though Dmitry not replying past 3 days is unacceptable behavior as well.

It seems to me that Dmitry uses the Russian post/customs system as an excuse and a cover for delays of his own making.  I mean, most stores ship your item a day or so after ordering.  Dmitry didn't even pretend to ship my headphones until two and a half weeks after ordering...and according to the tracking information, he didn't even REALLY ship anything until 20 days after that.  They left Russia for the US less than a week later, and I think I'm slated to receive them tomorrow.

Now, it's possible that Dmitry wasn't lying about the original ship date:  I'll concede the possibility that customs issues or paperwork holdups caused the 20 day delay between my original shipping notice and the actual ship date.  However, that still would not explain the two and a half weeks between the order date and the shipping notice.  Maybe he was waiting on a shipment from Fischer Audio, but I'd feel like a fool giving him the benefit of the doubt twice.

The Russian post/customs system isn't delaying Dmitry's emails, so it's pretty clear he responds when he feels like it, if ever.  He is polite in emails, but I've never seen him apologetic or anything.  Given his casual attitude, it's not much of a stretch to assume the biggest delays are actually coming from him shipping out headphones "when he feels like it."  I'd feel differently if his communication was more professional, prompt, and informative...but it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back