REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Dec 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,321 of 2,116
I have some good news:  I decided to nag Dmitry with an email a day, and he finally gave me my real tracking number.  It's actually only a digit off from the one he originally sent a week ago, so I guess he just made an honest mistake this time (a typo).  It turns out that he DID lie about the original shipping date though:  He supposedly shipped almost four weeks ago (which was already two and a half weeks later than he should have), but the tracking information starts only one week ago (right before I got my erroneous tracking number).

That said, I'm taking it on faith that this is really my own tracking number:  The item weight is correct, but the information is mostly in Russian, so I can't verify the address or whether I'm the actual recipient.  (Actually, I don't think it includes that information at all.)  The trail stopped cold two days ago though, so I'm hoping that means it left Russia at that time.  A rough Google Translate mentions export to the United States at the last hop, so it sounds like that's exactly what happened.

My cynical side is telling me that it's just another delaying tactic, as though he gave me someone else's tracking number or simply shipped a heavy rock to a farm in Alabama...but realistically, I think I really might be receiving these things by the end of this week or early next week!  I just hope they're in good condition, with perfectly circular holes in the padding of proper diameter, no cigarette smell, and satisfactory wiring. 
wink.gif

It looks like he might be pulling through for us after all, guys!
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,322 of 2,116
I have brought vacuum tubes from Russia before and it takes just under three weeks for delivery to CO. Take one week to get out of Russia which seems to be the case here and another week to USA and then the delivery time to your house.  

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #1,323 of 2,116
This is good news. Guess Ill just keep sending him emails haha. The only thing Im worried about is that I put FL as my zip code instead of 32765 haha. Honestly hoping my package was returned at this point, unless they magically corrected it.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #1,324 of 2,116
Guys you must use Russiapost for your tracking # and then google translate if you really want to know what it says lol.  However, the website will stop updating once the package is in the states.  Then you must use that same tracking# in the USPS website.  Not too sure how it works for other countries though.

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #1,327 of 2,116
Ya these Fa-011 better be worth the wait. Needless to say it is the last Fisher phone I will be ever order from GD Audiobase.
I got my A900X  a week ago and I order them almost 2 weeks after I ordered the Fa-011. Nice.

Dec 9, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #1,328 of 2,116
These 'phones seem amazing. They're all I'm looking for atm. But i think I'll have to pass this time, I can't afford loosing 3-4 months waiting for a product that might neveer arrive. Too bad :frowning2:

I might end up going with the AD900s

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #1,330 of 2,116

Quote:
Wow! I finally got mine. They sound great for the money. They are a bit uncomfortable, but I have been using my DT990's lately and not much reaches the comfort level of those.

One thing I've found hat helps with the comfort is stuffing something under the pads to lift them a bit.  I used an old CAT5 cable, but others have used tissues, paper towels, and various other materials.

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #1,331 of 2,116
Man. Finally finished reading 89 pages of his thread...

These cans really caught my attention after reading the initial review, but some of the posts in this thread are making me a bit skeptical.

People who have recently received their pair: do the new models lack the coiled cord and is the stain much darker than the original colors (I'm referencing everybody who got their pairs around May of 2011) ?
Are people seeing alot of damage on their cans after their journey from Russia?

Also this whole GDAudioBase drama is putting me off...

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #1,332 of 2,116

Quote:
Man. Finally finished reading 89 pages of his thread...

These cans really caught my attention after reading the initial review, but some of the posts in this thread are making me a bit skeptical.

People who have recently received their pair: do the new models lack the coiled cord and is the stain much darker than the original colors (I'm referencing everybody who got their pairs around May of 2011) ?
Are people seeing alot of damage on their cans after their journey from Russia?

Also this whole GDAudioBase drama is putting me off...

Same here. I was thinking about contacting Fischer Audio and ask them to ship me the package themselfs vis UPS or something similar. But I don't know, I might end up goind with the AT's AD900

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #1,333 of 2,116
Yeah, I definitely would not do any business with GD-Audiobase right now, being a pain in the a**. Hopefully theyll straighten themselves out at some point. A shame too for Fischer, unless youre in Russia doesnt look like anyone will be trying these for awhile.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #1,334 of 2,116

Quote:
I definitely would not do any business with GD-Audiobase right now, being a pain in the a**.

Yep, its a shame 'cause I'd like to order FA-011/FA-003/FA-002 and if I don't do this, its 'cause of the poor reputation of GD-A
mad.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #1,335 of 2,116
If it remains that the only place that I can buy Fischer headphones is Frogbeats for decent and guaranteed fast shipping, then I suppose I'll just go for the FA-006. They're good enough for me, coming from the Nuforce NE-700M I'd assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back