REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #1,186 of 2,116
Had a play about with the headphones, the holes in the foam were cut unevenly so tidied them up, both are now near perfect like the picture below, does nothing for sound but looks alot better.

Also i raised the pads so my ears were't touching the flat part, improved comfort no end, this is how far they came out.

I also looked inside the cups, the cabling in the left side was touching the wood cups causing slight buzzing/vibration type noise, so folded those away best i could and put back together.

I didn't use tissue to stuff the pads, i had some old RJ11 ethernet cable lying around so made it into ring shapes and taped the ends together, then put those under the pads.

In all is more comfy and sounds slightly more refined, everyone should try it :)

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,187 of 2,116

Quote:
Ok what you do, is take off the earpad, don't worry the sides stretch, pull the earpads carefully and slowly, once taken off, take off the foam, unfortunately once you take off the foam  that is glued down you have to re-glue them later. You'll see 4 screw mounts underneath the foam once removed, unscrew the 4 screws using a proper sized Philips head screwdriver and carefully lift up the plastic driver housing from the wooden housing as there are two resistors soldered to two separate wires, yank too hard and you will yank off the solder contacts between the wires and resistor. Hope this helps, if you need more assistance I will provide some pictures later.

Def, thank you so, so much, I really appreciate your help. You got me into them safely. Unfortunately though, I'm still trying to figure a way to keep the wire from touching the housing.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #1,188 of 2,116

Quote:

Def, thank you so, so much, I really appreciate your help. You got me into them safely. Unfortunately though, I'm still trying to figure a way to keep the wire from touching the housing.

Cut a small piece of black tape and tape the longest part of the wire to any part of the inner housing to prevent it rattling. Just don't tape it to the open mesh bit otherwise it will look ugly.

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #1,189 of 2,116
Welp, I ordered mine on the 21st still no word about them from Dimitry.  No idea when to expect these things.

I've emailed 3 separate times requesting tracking info, and no reply yet.  Starting to get very annoyed at GD audio base.

In other news, I'm strongly considering picking up a Fiio E10 to juice these things, unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #1,190 of 2,116

Quote:
Welp, I ordered mine on the 21st still no word about them from Dimitry.  No idea when to expect these things.

I've emailed 3 separate times requesting tracking info, and no reply yet.  Starting to get very annoyed at GD audio base.

In other news, I'm strongly considering picking up a Fiio E10 to juice these things, unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Similar story here, ordered these on the 23rd and it doesn't look like mine have been shipped yet. The order is stuck at 'Confirmed' unless the status wasn't updated. I've also tried to contact this guy and have gotten no response, though reading some other people's experiences that sounds normal for GD Audiobase.

Did these already come and go on Frogbeatz yet? I don't see any mention of them on their site at the moment.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #1,191 of 2,116
I bought mine on 3rd October and they're still in Russia
beyersmile.png
One of these days, Kevin "The Postman" Costner will bring mine on his horse
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #1,193 of 2,116

Quote:

Similar story here, ordered these on the 23rd and it doesn't look like mine have been shipped yet. The order is stuck at 'Confirmed' unless the status wasn't updated. I've also tried to contact this guy and have gotten no response, though reading some other people's experiences that sounds normal for GD Audiobase.

Did these already come and go on Frogbeatz yet? I don't see any mention of them on their site at the moment.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered the FA-011, FA-003, and a Fiio E10 to pair with my Fiio E9. Hopefully they all work well together.

I purchased the headphones from Frogbeats. David was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable about the products. I'd highly recommend ordering from him!

Edit: Added Frogbeats

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #1,194 of 2,116

Quote:
I purchased the headphones from Frogbeats. David was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable about the products. I'd highly recommend ordering from him!

Found a 10% off code for Frogbeats: NEWPRODUCTS10

Took your suggestion and went ahead and ordered with them. It wasn't that much more expensive than GD Audiobase ($154 shipped to US). I'll have to see about cancelling the other order, though, or maybe I'll end up with an extra pair to sell on head-fi.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Looks like Frogbeats ran out of FA-011 stock.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,195 of 2,116
Maybe gd-audiobase is backed up from having so many FA-011 orders at once.
wink.gif
  I bought one too, and I placed my order on the 24th.   A huge portion of this thread is dedicated to waiting times and shipment tracking drama though, so this seems par for the course.  It's just how gd-audiobase rolls, I guess.

I don't fully expect my order status to change from "Confirmed" to "Shipped" for at least a couple months.  I think they update the order status the same way they send shipments...by sending 17th century wooden ships across the ocean and praying for favorable winds.
rolleyes.gif

I went with the Objective 2 for an amp.  Since the FA-011 are supposed to sound so nice with a Schiit Lyr tube amp (pricey), I have no idea how they'll sound when they're paired with an objectively neutral amp...but I guess I'll find out!

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #1,196 of 2,116
I waited for a month from the time I ordered till the package reached my front door

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #1,197 of 2,116

Quote:
...I don't fully expect my order status to change from "Confirmed" to "Shipped" for at least a couple months.  I think they update the order status the same way they send shipments...by sending 17th century wooden ships across the ocean and praying for favorable winds.
rolleyes.gif

[size=small]Don't you forget that in the meanwhile they have to fight with pirates, so pray that "Santa’s" brings it as a christmas gift.[/size]

[size=small]Kudos to Russian custom and mail post, they are trully amazing.[/size]

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #1,199 of 2,116

Quote:
[size=small]Don't you forget that in the meanwhile they have to fight with pirates, so pray that "Santa’s" brings it as a christmas gift.[/size]

[size=small]Kudos to Russian custom and mail post, they are trully amazing.[/size]

Since some of our orders haven't even shipped yet, I fear the pirates may have made it to land and raided gd-audiobase or Fischer Audio headquarters.  I pray that's not the case though.  Instead, I hope they're just spending all this time making sure they cut PERFECTLY circular holes in our earpads for once.
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #1,200 of 2,116

Quote:
Since some of our orders haven't even shipped yet, I fear the pirates may have made it to land and raided gd-audiobase or Fischer Audio headquarters.  I pray that's not the case though.  Instead, I hope they're just spending all this time making sure they cut PERFECTLY circular holes in our earpads for once.
tongue.gif

Don't Worry, now they are using coins, a dollar on the left and a euro on the right :wink:
Hope Aeroflot guys are burning mine in this month travelling from Russia to Portugal, as you probably know Portugal is on the dark side of the moon.
I'm waiting for so long for this "things" that my expectation are growing day by day, hope I won't get a big disappointment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back