REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #1,141 of 2,116
Just bought a pair from a board member. I am digging them so far. I only have a PA2V2 and ASUS XONAR U1 to drive them with, so nothing too powerful. I am already craving a more powerful amp though. On the PA2V2 / COWON D2 there was a little bit of harshness in the treble, mostly notable when words begging with 'S' were sung or certain cymbals were played. A little bit of EQ seemed to help it out. On the computer using the XONAR U1 and FOOBAR there was not as much harshness. The soundstage was amazing, of course I've never owned a pair of headphones like these so what could I expect lol? I like the bass as well, just need to find the exact treble harshness to EQ it out. I did the same on my Shure-840s so no biggie.

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #1,143 of 2,116

[size=9pt] It's probably easier to get a virgin than the FA-011 come out of the post office of St. Petersburg (where lie from 5 October), and I thought that the Mail Services were incompetent in Portugal, How wrong I was...
frown.gif

[/size]

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #1,144 of 2,116
mine finally leaving the russian custom after 12 days in it!

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,145 of 2,116
Probably GD-Audiobase usually sells the Fischer Audio products with nuclear devices on it
gs1000.gif

12 days on custom
eek.gif

I'm the winner, mine are in it's 13th day and counting
L3000.gif

Now I understand why there are christmas trees on their website in October, is when customer gets the product

Oct 18, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #1,147 of 2,116
They only send me the tracking number after I called them even though my status went from confirm to shipped last week

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,148 of 2,116

Quote:

[size=9pt] It's probably easier to get a virgin than the FA-011 come out of the post office of St. Petersburg (where lie from 5 October), and I thought that the Mail Services were incompetent in Portugal, How wrong I was...
frown.gif

[/size]

hahaha. Don't worry guys if you don't have a tracking number, then it means its probably halfway across the world to you, I received mine while back within 2 weeks and I never received a tracking number.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #1,149 of 2,116
I figured as much but even with the tracking # it won't make them get here any faster.  Figured as much and I was going to get in touch with them today til I saw the other posts about the holdup.  Thanks for the info.

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #1,150 of 2,116
Wait, I do plan to order these this week I think. From what I read, it's going to take 10-16 days to get them right? I normally don't order out of NA. In fact, I've never ordered anything out of the country I think. I'm a tad shaky to pitch the cash at GD. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #1,152 of 2,116

Quote:
Wait, I do plan to order these this week I think. From what I read, it's going to take 10-16 days to get them right? I normally don't order out of NA. In fact, I've never ordered anything out of the country I think. I'm a tad shaky to pitch the cash at GD. 

It will probably take you about 3 weeks most to receive these and yes GD Audiobase is a reliable reseller, so don't worry about pitching cash at GD because you will get what you order in the end. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #1,153 of 2,116
Ask and yea shall receive.  On my way to the store ( I live in the foothills) I stopped by my mail box just to check but not expecting anything and to my surprise there was a registered mail slip from Russia.  I just open the box and trying to figure what is right and what is left.  They look nice and nothing broken, the box looked as though it was shipped from San Francisco yesterday.  I hope the're worth waiting for.  Good luck to all that ordered.  One month to the day from confirmation.

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #1,154 of 2,116

Quote:
It will probably take you about 3 weeks most to receive these and yes GD Audiobase is a reliable reseller, so don't worry about pitching cash at GD because you will get what you order in the end. 

I think I'm just going to drop the cash on them come payday. This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to tell if they're out of stock? I've seen some folks get frustrated simply because they don't know they're out of stock when placed the order. Or at least something along those lines.

Oct 18, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,155 of 2,116
I've started playing with the idea of getting a proper desktop amp to replace my PA2V2. Been mostly interested in the Little Dot MK III so does anyone have experience on how they combine with the FA-011? Other recommendations in the sub-$250 category are welcome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back