REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Oct 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #1,111 of 2,116
Thank you LFF, I will pick the FA-002 for relax sessions, and the FA-011 for the fun, unfortunately the EU distributor (in Spain) only have the FA-002, but I think it will be fine for me with both.

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,112 of 2,116

Quote:
Thank you LFF, I will pick the FA-002 for relax sessions, and the FA-011 for the fun, unfortunately the EU distributor (in Spain) only have the FA-002, but I think it will be fine for me with both.

Get the 002 then. You can always buy wooden cups for them later. Espero que los disfrutes!

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,114 of 2,116

También Espero :D
The wooden cups I've to wait for the $$$ + €€€ :wink:

May I ask why you do not purchase from GD Audiobase? They are the main international distributor. It is true, though. You can upgrade those FA-002s to Ws for only $50 plus shipping for the Beech 5 step version. I'm pretty sure that the difference between 5 step and 8 step is fairly minor.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #1,115 of 2,116
May I ask why you do not purchase from GD Audiobase? They are the main international distributor. It is true, though. You can upgrade those FA-002s to Ws for only $50 plus shipping for the Beech 5 step version. I'm pretty sure that the difference between 5 step and 8 step is fairly minor.

yes, it's only $50 more, but I have to consider PT custom (23% VAT + other custom costs), and they'll become much more expensive.
I'm already considering custom costs for FA-011 since I have to buy it from GD-Audiobase.
Right now it is a cost that I can't pay, even being a good advice from you.

From the EU distributor I don't pay any extra costs.

best,

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #1,116 of 2,116
Actually the 5-steps cups was some old version of cups, now we mainly focus on 8-steps. Thats just because it makes more difference. Its not all about steps, also the newer cups have altered thickness and overall inside geometry is a little different.
Quote:

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,117 of 2,116

Quote:
Quote:

yes, it's only $50 more, but I have to consider PT custom (23% VAT + other custom costs), and they'll become much more expensive.
I'm already considering custom costs for FA-011 since I have to buy it from GD-Audiobase.
Right now it is a cost that I can't pay, even being a good advice from you.

From the EU distributor I don't pay any extra costs.

best,

I imported FA-011s into UK and did not pay a dime pf customs. Should it not be the same for all EU countries?

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #1,119 of 2,116

Hi

[size=9pt] Here, in Portugal, Customs Services charge everything they can. They always openned my stuff that came from outside EU. and I payed taxes for it almost everytime also. I payed duties even for my cheap Brainwaz M2 that I bought from mp4nation. Unfortunately I think is not the same for all EU countries.[/size]
[size=9pt]  [/size]
[size=9pt] best[/size]

Quote:

I imported FA-011s into UK and did not pay a dime pf customs. Should it not be the same for all EU countries?

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #1,120 of 2,116

Quote:
Hi

[size=9pt] Here, in Portugal, Customs Services charge everything they can. They always openned my stuff that came from outside EU. and I payed taxes for it almost everytime also. I payed duties even for my cheap Brainwaz M2 that I bought from mp4nation. Unfortunately I think is not the same for all EU countries.[/size]
[size=9pt]  [/size]
[size=9pt] best[/size]

That is crap. Maybe in this case it would be easier to buy it from the for sale forum or organize a group buy to UK or somewhere where no duties would have to be paid and then just distribute the items around.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #1,121 of 2,116
[size=9pt] I'll leave feedback about customs by the time I receive them (I'm not 100% sure that I'll have to pay) Right now, I'll consider that I'll pay it. If I don't, that will be a nice surprise!!![/size]
[size=9pt]  [/size]

Quote:
That is crap. Maybe in this case it would be easier to buy it from the for sale forum or organize a group buy to UK or somewhere where no duties would have to be paid and then just distribute the items around.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,122 of 2,116
Carlos,
You'll have to wait for my reply. I can't send out PM's at the moment.

Oct 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,124 of 2,116
Anyone know if a PA2V2 would power these? or will they require something more powerful?

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #1,125 of 2,116

Quote:
Anyone know if a PA2V2 would power these? or will they require something more powerful?

I have the PA2V2 and in my opinion they work pretty well together though I'm pretty sure the FA-011 wouldn't mind a more powerful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back