REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Sep 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,096 of 2,116

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I just wanna start by saying that I’m very pleased to have finally joined this great experienced community. Before I would just browse the forums looking for answers to my questions but recently I couldn’t find an answer to my question so I joined just to ask it. So my question is that can I power these FA-011 badboys with my astro mixamp which I will get at the same time as these if they can power them. I’ll be using it on my xbox, will the mixamp make full or near full use of these cans on my xbox, is the mixamp decent enough for these headphones        

I believe this was answered in the previous pages of this thread, you can use the mixamp and will sound a tab bit better then stock without any amp but you'll not be pushing these can's to its full potential.

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #1,100 of 2,116
Quote:
I believe this was answered in the previous pages of this thread, you can use the mixamp and will sound a tab bit better then stock without any amp but you'll not be pushing these can's to its full potential.

Then could you or anybody else recommend some other headphones from personal experience that will make full use of the mixamp combo

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #1,103 of 2,116

Quote:

Do not be put off by the comment about them being all rounders. They are great with fast-paced music. For your purposes, they will do great.

Ok so FA-011 CAN be driven [size=12.0pt]fairly[/size] well with a mixamp? and also i want the FA-011 for FPS games such as the upcoming battlefield 3 and MW3 but i also need them for single player such as the  mass effect 3 and skyrim because im looking for some REALLY good immersion and the “fun” aspect of single player games...will the FA-011 do all that for me?

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #1,104 of 2,116

Quote:

Ok so FA-011 CAN be driven [size=12.0pt]fairly[/size] well with a mixamp? and also i want the FA-011 for FPS games such as the upcoming battlefield 3 and MW3 but i also need them for single player such as the  mass effect 3 and skyrim because im looking for some REALLY good immersion and the “fun” aspect of single player games...will the FA-011 do all that for me?

Playing from the BF3 beta, The FA-011's are alright without an amp, I wouldn't say they provide excellent immersion that gets you sucked into the gaming experience as you play by sound effects etc. Paired up with my Voyager Amp or my modified 12AU7, these sound heaps, heaps more better, when paired up with other amp's I have such as the E11, few versions of Cmoy's and the the LD MKII, these sound about 10-15% better then without an amp and I'm pretty sure the Mixamp will fall into this category as well as its not a audiophile amp, just a simple gaming amp that give bit more "omhpp" to easier to drive headphones.

I find the DT990's a little bit more better in this regard.

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #1,105 of 2,116
Hey DefQon I was wondering how you would rate tha FA-011 vs. the DT990 SQ-wise, as in what percentage of the Beyers' performance would you rate it, specifically the 600ohm if that's what you got (since they're supposedly the best version)? Trying to get some different opinions before I make the decision, as these headphones seem very similar and the Beyers are only about $100 more on Amazon at the moment.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #1,108 of 2,116

Quote:
Hey DefQon I was wondering how you would rate tha FA-011 vs. the DT990 SQ-wise, as in what percentage of the Beyers' performance would you rate it, specifically the 600ohm if that's what you got (since they're supposedly the best version)? Trying to get some different opinions before I make the decision, as these headphones seem very similar and the Beyers are only about $100 more on Amazon at the moment.

I don't have them but I've heard them a few times (not 10 minute auditions). When amped properly, the DT990's 600ohm will knock the FA-011's to the floor with a single K.O. is what I can describe it. 

If the DT990 600ohm was paired up with Amp A and.....
The FA-011's was paired up with the same Amp....

I would rate the DT990's sound 9/10 and the FA-011's 7.5/10. 

But yet again, 600ohm headphones are very picky and when paired with the perfect amp, they will sound very very good. If your going to buy the 600ohm version of the DT990 your going to have to fork out some dough on a fairly high end amplifier to make it shine.

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #1,109 of 2,116
Hi

@LFF (or anybody else), I would like to know if the FA-011 and the FA-002 complete each other, or if they have the same sound sig.

I ask you this because I've read on the thread of the FA 002/003W that you know both (FA-002 normal version and FA-011)

I'm decided to buy the FA-011, but I would like to have a backup pair, and it is easy to me to find the FA-002 in the EU distributor (unfortunately they don't sell the FA-011)

thank you

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #1,110 of 2,116

Quote:
Hi
@LFF (or anybody else), I would like to know if the FA-011 and the FA-002 complete each other, or if they have the same sound sig.
I ask you this because I've read on the thread of the FA 002/003W that you know both (FA-002 normal version and FA-011)
I'm decided to buy the FA-011, but I would like to have a backup pair, and it is easy to me to find the FA-002 in the EU distributor (unfortunately they don't sell the FA-011)
thank you

Sure. The regular FA-002 sounds like a closed headphone despite it being open. IMHO, the 002 does not sound as good as the 003 or the 002W. All of them (002, 003 and 002W) will compliment the FA-011. The first three are aimed at neutral and natural while the 011 is more fun while remaining natural sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back