REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Sep 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #1,081 of 2,116

Quote:
Be aware of new orders of the fa-011 model. I got mine now and it's not wood based. I could have waited for the Hyperion model and paid 50.00 less. I'm very disappointed!!!

Can you take some pictures and post them?

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #1,082 of 2,116

Please post pics of your FA-011.  I gotta see this O_o;
Quote:
Be aware of new orders of the fa-011 model. I got mine now and it's not wood based. I could have waited for the Hyperion model and paid 50.00 less. I'm very disappointed!!!

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #1,084 of 2,116

Quote:
But you only buy it for the wood ???
Does anybody knows if the wood makes any difference on FA-011 sound or is it just aesthetic?

Both.

@ryima: Email Dimitry as soon as possible. Do also send an email to the Fischer Audio website, I seriously doubt they will make a non wooden based FA-011, it could be a different prototype for a different revision or an early based beta prototype, but email them back which is the first thing you should've done before posting on Head-Fi.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #1,085 of 2,116
But you only buy it for the wood ???
Does anybody knows if the wood makes any difference on FA-011 sound or is it just aesthetic?

I doubt this. Later revisions of the FA-011 like mine have a very dark, almost black, finish but are still wooden.

Also the difference between a hyperion and an FA-011 is massive sound-wise, regardless of wood. I guarantee. From what I've read the Hyperions are solidly, low-fi.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #1,087 of 2,116
I recently bought my own pair, and while the finish is a red so dark that it's almost black it's still definitely wood. To be honest, I would have preferred the brighter colour over the new dark one, but I still think the phones kick ass.

Hi, by the way, I'm new here.

I'm a total newb at this Hi-Fi stuff, I use my FA-011 with a FiiO E7+E9-combo and so far I'm really pleased and it fits right in with my budget. What do you think about this set-up? Should I look for something else to use with my FA-011?

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #1,088 of 2,116

Is the same set that I will use when I get the FA-011.
I´m using it with the Ultrasone's and so far so good.
Quote:
... I use my FA-011 with a FiiO E7+E9-combo and so far I'm really pleased and it fits right in with my budget. What do you think about this set-up? Should I look for something else to use with my FA-011?

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #1,089 of 2,116
I'm a total newb at this Hi-Fi stuff, I use my FA-011 with a FiiO E7+E9-combo and so far I'm really pleased and it fits right in with my budget. What do you think about this set-up? Should I look for something else to use with my FA-011?

That combination has more than enough power to bring out the sound in these cans. You should be very happy with it.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,092 of 2,116
That combination has more than enough power to bring out the sound in these cans. You should be very happy with it.

+1

You can invest in some tube amp's later in the future which will make these can's really shine.

Thanks for the replies. As I stated above, I'm really happy with my purchases, I just don't really have anything to compare them to yet.

I don't know a single thing about tube amps, I'll investigate that matter further. Thanks!

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #1,093 of 2,116
Has anybody pair this headphone with the nfb-12?

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #1,095 of 2,116
Hi everyone,
I just wanna start by saying that I’m very pleased to have finally joined this great experienced community. Before I would just browse the forums looking for answers to my questions but recently I couldn’t find an answer to my question so I joined just to ask it. So my question is that can I power these FA-011 badboys with my astro mixamp which I will get at the same time as these if they can power them. I’ll be using it on my xbox, will the mixamp make full or near full use of these cans on my xbox, is the mixamp decent enough for these headphones        

Users who are viewing this thread

Back