REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #556 of 2,116
I know what you are feeling, I was waiting for a long time too, mine finally came. Hopefully you get yours soon... I won't speak about how they sound so that it doesn't look like I am rubbing it in your face.

May 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #557 of 2,116

Quote:
50 days and still waiting...someone celebrate with me 
cool.gif

I'm at 45 days... I have ordered 3 pairs of IEMs to tide me over since I ordered the FA-011s. I hope the FA-011s get here before the two pair I am expecting next week or I might not have any time left for them. 
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #558 of 2,116
My experience with full-size headphones hasn't been that extended in the audiophile area: HD-555,  D2000, 225i, Beyer DT-150 and M-50. I have to say, however, I haven't any headphone with better instrument separation than the FA-011. I'm still amazed I only paid $132 (shipped) for these cans. The Russians are onto something here. I have one phone I like more than these (my 1964-Q custom iem), but these aren't too far behind at all. The bass is still blowing me away for open cans, and the mids are spectacular (especially vocals). Treble has tamed down considerably and adds to the clarity of these headphones.

The only area they fall short for me is that they don't have the echo, reverb and impact of striking the kick-drum, snare or tom tom drums like the 1964-Q. It's there, but not the same impact. Bass guitar, however, is nearly on par with quad in quality, tightness, punch and quantity. Of course, the headphones have that added dynamic driver timbre that is a little lacking in the Quad. These are great headphones (forgot to mention a nice soundstage and headstage).

May 15, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #559 of 2,116
Heck, call me a fanboy, I don't care, but I can't get over the sound of these headphones now with a couple hundred hours of burn-in. This is like my dream headphone - sound signature-wise. My favorite headphone sound signature (based on the ones I've heard) have always been Grado. These blow the Grado sound signature away in all aspects for my ears. I am loving these headphones!! Never thought I would love a pair of headphones as I do these... Okay, okay, let me stop 
deadhorse.gif
... I'm just sayin...lol 
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

May 15, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #560 of 2,116
So I threw these in the back of my closet plugged into my portable player, playing on shuffle for about 70 hours, and voila! In the most extreme case of burn-in I've ever experienced, the spikes in the sibilant regions have been mostly squashed. I'm extremely sensitive to sibilance, and before, about 80% of the music I have were unlistenable with these headphones. Now I can barely tolerate even my most sibilant recordings. 

May 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #562 of 2,116
Wow. Thanks for a great review, LFF. It's always a pleasure to read them.
I'm only to explain the package matter. The thing is that US Customs limited incoming packages weight by 0.5 kilo.
We've tried our best to push the pack in that limit, and that's the reason why it was in so bad shape.
Well, anyway, we all here are very happy to know that you like the contents :)

May 16, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #563 of 2,116

Quote:
I'm only to explain the package matter. The thing is that US Customs limited incoming packages weight by 0.5 kilo.
We've tried our best to push the pack in that limit, and that's the reason why it was in so bad shape.

No problem. Keep making great products and you'll be sure to get many great reviews. I'm sure customs had everything with the package getting beat up.

May 16, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #565 of 2,116
This is the latest update from GD-Audiobase

Quote:
All delayed orders are shiped out, tracking numbers will be sent in soon. All emails will be answered on this week. Thanks for all who were so patient within this hard period!

beerchug.gif

May 16, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #566 of 2,116

Quote:

Is that why they cut holes in the foam?
wink.gif

May 16, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #567 of 2,116

Quote:

I got my cans in the UK and no cabling either, a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back