REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #166 of 2,116

Quote:
I am very glad to hear that LFF has turned down all offers for "fixed" reviews.

LFF has always been very consistent with his reviews. Although everyone hears things differently, many of my reviews and auditions share his opinion as well.

On a side note, Fischer has some OUTSTANDING product. They have been the 'small guy' in big demand for over a year now, and this excellent review will hopefully help them get their name out more. Now we just needs a US reseller to get an agreement with them guys so that we can avoid the shipping and manufacturing delays!
gs1000.gif

-davy

Mar 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #169 of 2,116
Are you sure it is the same brand?
Quote:
Fischer definitely isn't a small company, maybe in the headphones world, but not in the audio world. Fender has been using their pre-amps in their acoustic electric guitars for a while now.

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #172 of 2,116
im not sure i understand the backorder in budgen audio... for fa004, is says something abt backorder, but it doesnt have a red highlighted note "back order" on it like for the dba-02 what you guys think?

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #174 of 2,116
I'm really going to go out on a limb here and say that 'neutrality' is a wonderful concept, but it reminds me of the courtroom scene in 'A Few Good Men' where Jack Nicholson starts ranting 'You cant handle the truth !'.  Even 'live' performances are given a little help in the mastering process - as a Grado fan, I dont get too hung up on 'neutrality'. If these cans make your music sound good, then thats all that really matters.

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #175 of 2,116
My friend needs some headphones for gaming at night. He currently has a pair of x41's. He is willing to spend $1000+, but I think that may be a waste of his money so I am doing some looking around. LFF, or anyone else for that matter. Have you compared these to the AD900's, They seem well received as gaming cans. He is currently planning on following my lead and buy a pair of LCD-2's along with a dedicated amp. I feel like either the FA-011's or AD900's plus Mixamp would be better. Well, at least a better spent dollar.

I currently game with my HE-6s and SU-DH1. I think it does an ok job of staging, but not amazing. I may even pick up a pair of these if it does a better job of gaming than my LCD-2's  (arrive in 2 days).

A comparison between any of the cans in reference to gaming, would be very useful.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #176 of 2,116
I'm not a gamer myself, but I would imagine performance in this area would be very closely tied to how accurately and precisely the headphone images, along with sheer driver control to maintain the note separation required to keep each sound precisely distinct.  The HE-6 should be world class at these things when amped right.

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #178 of 2,116
ultrasone pro750 or hfi780 type of headphones are much better for gaming....
great spatial cues, very clear....and the bass tight n rumbling.
all in a closed can to bat.
L3000.gif

is there a fischer offering targetted for the gaming niche? 

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #179 of 2,116
IT is true ultrasones are good for gaming, but I don't find it accurate enough. At least with dolby headphones. The sound is nice, the soundstage is large but I never know where the sounds are coming from.

Quote:
ultrasone pro750 or hfi780 type of headphones are much better for gaming....
great spatial cues, very clear....and the bass tight n rumbling.
all in a closed can to bat.
L3000.gif

is there a fischer offering targetted for the gaming niche? 

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #180 of 2,116
Thanks for the Suggestions. I am going to start another thread on the topic so I don't take this one too far off track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back